Whats the difference between me and you? C1 or C2

Sill plates are different, also stands to reason the wings are slightly different in pattern too.

I've mentioned this a few times in conversation since my doppleganger swap but i'm not sure if i mentioned it in the build/conversion thread. Yes the wings are different C1/C2.

I believe you did Al, at least indirectly. IIRC, it's to do with the way that the bumper interfaces with them, and therefore the way the lights fit, (or rather, how they don't).

More on the C1/C2 wings. I have both types but which is which?

IMAG1907_zpsgjordbdx.jpg

IMAG1908_zpsnomytmle.jpg

I was certain Jim had posted in here noting that the alternator is different on later V6 cars.....did something happen to the post as this is an important point to be aware of

Alternator for 1998-Sept 2000 cars...

2-07775-001_1.jpg

Completely different mounting on the later 2495CC engine.....if your engine has the three bolt coil and push on plug leads it'll be this design of alternator, which is also common to Mondeo Mk3....

92567.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see this listed as a difference so another difference although this may be from a sport model instead of base model or something like that. My pedals in my car came from a 2001. They're metal with little rubber pads on them. These aren't some aftermarket kit I modified mine with. Those are legit ford factory installed here.

Another thing I noticed from the original postings. I think the daytime running lights are actually Canadian and not US. I'll look through my stuff to make sure but I don't think the US recieved much more then the holes for the bulbs and an empty relay slot in the fuse box.
8eecb35d31007548fb6cb8a647534e7b.jpg

Didn't see this listed as a difference so another difference although this may be from a sport model instead of base model or something like that. My pedals in my car came from a 2001. They're metal with little rubber pads on them. These aren't some aftermarket kit I modified mine with. Those are legit ford factory installed here.

Another thing I noticed from the original postings. I think the daytime running lights are actually Canadian and not US. I'll look through my stuff to make sure but I don't think the US recieved much more then the holes for the bulbs and an empty relay slot in the fuse box.
8eecb35d31007548fb6cb8a647534e7b.jpg

Dan, we didn't get the option of the aluminium pedals and I think the 'US running lights' mentioned in post no.1 are your side-marker lamps found in the C2 headlamps and US spec rear-lamps.

There is a hole in our engine-bay fuses boxes where the wiring and relay for the Daytime Running Lamps would be.
I assume they are only fitted to LHD drive models as DRL's were/are only a legal requirement, on this side of the Atlantic, in Scandinavia and countries such as Latvia and Lithuania.
No extra bulbs were required as the extra wiring and relay turned dipped-beam 'On' as soon as the ignition was turned on.

Alternator for 1999-2001 cars...

View attachment 9776

Completely different mounting on the later 2495CC engine.....if your engine has the three bolt coil and push on plug leads it'll be this design of alternator, which is also common to Mondeo Mk3....

View attachment 9777

Worthy of note: Both the C1 and C2 use the same type of alternator. It's called a 3G and was widely used on late 90s Fords. I am told that they are electrically (130-160A) and physically (connectors) interchangable.

All you need to do to convert a C2 one to C1 spec is remove the pulley and the three bolts holding on the front cover, and swap them.

Just make sure you get the rotation right so that the mounts meet up and the cables do too.

Worthy of note: Both the C1 and C2 use the same type of alternator. It's called a 3G and was widely used on late 90s Fords. I am told that they are electrically (130-160A) and physically (connectors) interchangable.

All you need to do to convert a C2 one to C1 spec is remove the pulley and the three bolts holding on the front cover, and swap them.

Just make sure you get the rotation right so that the mounts meet up and the cables do too.

I beg to differ mate, trying to separate one of these involves desoldering, tho I'm sure Paul will verify, but the one i tried to pull apart died

I beg to differ mate, trying to separate one of these involves desoldering, tho I'm sure Paul will verify, but the one i tried to pull apart died

I probably simplified there, since the front part of the thing is a major part of the earth and I assume there's straps or other connections. But I can definitely confirm that they're the same alternator in a different housing.

Anyone know if the rear leather seats on the C2 are exactly the same as the C1?

Different design to match the fronts and I think the leather is darker, the carpeting and cup holder between the seats is black not grey, as is the carpeting on the rear of the seat backs.

Fitment, as per Dan is the same, they bolt straight in

This might not be C1/C2 specific but in my '99 build C1 the central carpet/cup-holder section was fixed in position but in the C2 interior I added to my last one, the whole cup-holder section was free to pivot upwards on it's rear fixings which means you can see the hook where you need to locate the seat frame.

This might not be C1/C2 specific but in my '99 build C1 the central carpet/cup-holder section was fixed in position but in the C2 interior I added to my last one, the whole cup-holder section was free to pivot upwards on it's rear fixings which means you can see the hook where you need to locate the seat frame.
My 99 swivels. I always assumed it was a glued to piece that just broke loose on the front

I probably simplified there, since the front part of the thing is a major part of the earth and I assume there's straps or other connections. But I can definitely confirm that they're the same alternator in a different housing.
sorry mate but they are worlds apart, C1 is a 3G correct but the C2 is a 6G the only thing they share is a 10mm nut everything else is different and theC2 comes in 2 variants, 90amp and 115 amp

Reactions: pattouno
Anyone know if the carpet in the C2 is a different fit or darker than the C1?

Quite a bit darker, fitment is the same.
Note that if you fit a late carpet to an early car it won't match the lower carpeted sections on the rear interior trim, or the carpeted section between the rear seats.