Review stolen from FB

Moved from Off Topic.

They must have missed the fact the rear strut brace was standard fit in the short-lived ST200 Cougar.

Interesting way to sell a car. It almost sounds like a car review. And from what I can see, half the people making comments have no idea what theyre commenting on. Like the one talking about all cougars had plastic intakes which were prone to leaking?
Which year exactly??
Thats some shiney plastic on that intake.

Why all the couplers? Why not just build a single pipes?
I guess we could Vband the throttle body. And Vband the MAF. then no couplers.
Or put a 3 foot bent up pipe in there so the couplers are further apart and it looks like less were used.

Just goes to show if you dont know the car. Dont make yourself look like an arse and comment negatively on things. Its just dumb.

I've got to be honest here. This article from The Drive actually seems really respectful about the (usually un-loved) Cougar and furthermore is very kind about the generous modifications that the owner made to this particular car.

The people who will snort at it are the snobs who have never driven one. Including people who have driven Mondeos and Contours.

Oh by no means did I mean the article was bad. It was kinda cool. I just hate the J@ckasses that cant seem to keep from commenting even when it proves they have no idea what something is or why something does what it does.

On balance, they're probably just kids with little-to-no experience of driving the cars they're talking about. Like, I know that the 2.2L GM Ecotec engine is good in some cars but not in others. I'm not going to call it hot trash just because it didn't suit the car I experienced it in.

I think that people call out cars just because some cool guy said you should. "Hurr-durr I hate this car because it's fashionable to say so and I want to be popular."

And just for you Dan, think about the Fiero...

See this is what I meant. Some of the Mk1 1983 Fieros - especially with the Iron Duke - had problems with overheating and oil leaks that ended up with fire in the right (wrong?) situation.

And so it got a reputation of being a potential deathtrap.

But the truth is that it was a gorgeous American version of the MR2 and very few of them caused any harm. Most killed themselves through rusting!

Correct... Sorta...... the fiero was a polycarbonate of some kind. I believe fiberglass. The body never rusted subframe sure. But anyone with a sandblaster can fix that. And yeah its more common that they didnt burn up in later years then early ones.
But thats how all cars with a bad rep are. Google ford pinto for example. If they got hit in the back they became a fireball alot of times. However if you never hit that situation you had a decent looking crapbox.

I had this one:cool:
matchbox-pontiac-fiero-gt.jpg

Had the Dodge Daytona Turbo Z too, that was well cool, and also seen to good effect in that cheesy-but -worth-a-watch 80s movie The Wraith(y)