Newbie!

HogMonster

Well-known user
Jul 11, 2020
Maidenhead
Good morning all from a hot n steamy Berkshire!
So, I’ve had my ‘new’ car for just over three weeks, some of you may know it, it was Scott’s car, Nerd (as he called it) I’ve got to be honest and say it was a bit of the heart rules over head purchase along with the fact that my old Celica fell foul of the ULEZ in, and soon to be around, London. I’d been looking at all sorts of cars but when I showed my wife ‘Nerd’ he said, oooh, that’s nice! The rest is history really, I absolutely love the Cougar, compared to the Celica it’s faster, more comfortable and I’ve yet to see another on the road (it’s my daily driver so hopefully soon I’ll see another!)
Love the vibe off the forum and looking forward to a long spell of ownership.

Hi and welcome to the club. Usually at this point we ask to see some pics, obviously we know this car but also we always like to see photos of nice looking Cougars. [emoji106][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome aboard. Post some pic's up, so we can see your Coug, not sure that I personally remember it....OFS I'm afraid lol!!

5TDtQLq.jpg

PMUE0Vx.jpg

Hello, and welcome! We're glad to have you, and it's nice that the car has stayed home with us.

As someone who has bought two Cougars from members here (one former, one current) it'll be interesting to see you put your personal stamp on the old girl.

Cheers!

E8557437-0C0B-4207-955B-77FBC023E415.jpg
Haven’t done anything to her yet apart from removing the rear light covers, polishing the bejesus out of her and annoying the wife by covering the driveway with a litre of spilt oil when I drained the sump and changed the filter :)

Last edited:
If you didn't know this already, (and for anyone else who may not know) kitty litter is brilliant at lifting oil and coolant.

Get the cheap stuff, not the non-clumping quartz-based stuff like Catsan. You want clay and lime, like this stuff.

But in any case you're a braver man than me for doing an oil change over block paving!

This is indeed a very shiny motor !

As for the driveway, I have a suggestion.

Now I get some very funny looks and sometimes the cashier will pull them out of my trolley looking for something hidden inbetween I suppose. But I like to gather up those cardboard sheets that go between layers of plastic bottles, e.g. water in supermarkets. These are about A1 in size and have saved my bacon many a time...