New 2.5 V6 Owner - Well til next month when I gift it!

MissxJules

Active user
Jun 18, 2020
Nottinghamshire
Hello,

So I met my husband in 2008 and he was the proud owner of a lovely 1999 black cougar. She was his pride and joy. Sadly he had to let her go when he started his own business. We couldn't afford a to run three vehicles and he needed a van for his work.

He talks fondly of this car all the time. We share the same birthday and so have never really bothered with gifts we tend to just go on holiday and spend some time together. However with these trying times we are not going anywhere this year. So I decided to spend the money on a Cougar! I have bought him a lovely Cougar for his birthday. He has no idea about it. I plan on getting it serviced and giving it a little TLC before presenting it to him for his birthday next month.

I have bought a new grille for it and a private plate. I don't want to "Chav" it up and I want to leave some of the body work for him to do himself as I think he would enjoy doing it but so far I am loving owning this car. I love driving it and I can't wait to give it to him. I believe there are shows and things we can go to as well.

Exciting times!

Great to have you along. What better present could there be?
Ordinarily I'd say yes to the shows but unfortunately this year has been pretty bare! Having said that I'm still hopeful we will be able to organise at least one get together this year as things ease.
Be great to see some pictures. Welcome!

Huh. That's a lovely present! I'd be happy with that.

What sort of inspection did you do before buying her? What's her belly like?

And it sounds like you're running it around at the moment so......where are you storing her without him knowing? That's crafty LOL

Hello and welcome to the forum from another new member!
Thats such a great gift, well done you, Id love to see your husbands face when you give him the keys! I hope that you guys join , this club has some of the most helpful , friendly people you could hope to meet.

Yes she is still being stored without him knowing. I have had a few bits done to her again without him know. I swear he thinks I am having an affair! It is being dry stored at my brothers friends house a couple of miles from where we live. I only have to keep this secret for another 15 days! x

I am going to try and get someone to record it for me! There is a group on facebook that are arranging a meet up with other cougar owners and classic cars at Rother Valley Country Park, Sheffield. This is where we are planning on giving it to him. x

I am not sure if this is going to work but this was the moment I gave my other the car x

[video]https://www.facebook.com/schofieldjulie/videos/pcb.10158882201511617/10158882201411617/?type=3&theater[/video]