Nouveau membre

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Does your engine have a problem at the moment which you're trying to fix?

Run the engine up to temperatue and drop the oil, fit a new filter and fill it backup

Oil should be nice and clean when you pull the dipstick out

Thank you all for your advice.
But I think there are polluting oil residues which form a thick layer at the bottom of the casing because the plug is located higher, not much by just 3cm.
Yep then I will have an aspiration using an electric pump and a hose

I think I understand now. You are concerned that you are not able to fully drain your oil and some sludge remains in the sump.

Instead of pulling it apart, drain the oil as usual and then jack up the car to tilt it in the direction of the drain.

I can't remember where the sump plug is on a Zetec, but on a Duratec I just jack up the rear.

Cheers mate. So since you have to have the car's nose in the air anyway (to get at the filter because the OSF wheel has to come off) just lift it a bit higher! Job done.

Hello everyone, I changed my battery and I no longer have the code to turn the radio on

is there a site on the internet?
Merci pour votre aide!!
Je devais voir une personne du forum en France, mais a cause du covid 19 il y a trop de risque pour l'instant.
Qu'il conserve tous de grace.
Il ce reconnaitra

Last edited:
Bonjour a vous tous, je suis christophe, je suis Francais et j'ai un cougar 2.0 98
Je suis content d'etres parmie vous
a bientot

Hello everyone, I'm christophe, I'm French and I have a cougar 2.0 98
I'm glad to be among you
see you soon
Bonjour a vous tous, les gens de Bordeaux qui ont encore du sang anglais sont en deuil aujourd'hui, rip prince

Philip Mountbatten​

Hello everyone, I changed the jar of the coolant because with time passing and the heat it turns yellow and we see nothing, see the photos of my car

Late to the party here but welcome to the forum Christophe. That's a very nice looking cougar you've got there and it's good to see another zetec.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Link to the photos here :-

Thank you all for your welcome messages.
For information I have changed the rear harness by the US model to have the red lights flashing red
and the four red rear lights for the brake which also lights up in France is tolerated by the Police