Review: 5/5 Clarke PRO200 1/2" Drive Extendable Ratchet

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
I mostly work with 3/8" stuff because it's what I've got, but I recently bought a load of 1/2" sockets (impact and otherwise) to deal with heavier jobs. Problem was that apart for my single Halfords Pro socket driver, a 2.5' breaker bar and my electric torque gun, I didn't really have what I needed.

Now, maybe these things are more common than I know, but I worked with someone (Dan, I think?) who had one and I'm delighted to own one now.

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BDNFKLW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Price: Somewhere between £20-25 depending on supplier. Beware cheaper imitations.

Description: 1/2" drive ratchet with adjustable reach, (305, 330, 360, 390, 420 & 445mm). You can put nearly 400NM torque through it at its shortest length.

Experience: I haven't used this one just yet, but having used one before, I can tell you that this is an extremely valuable tool to have in your arsenal. The build quality is excellent, it has a short throw on the ratchet so it's good for tight spaces, and it gives you big torque options that other handles might not.

Pics:

ceMgkDc.jpg

xydnaaH.jpg

Yup I think your thinking of me there Chris :)

I remember your wonder at it extending when we did my rear subframe , there an awesome piece of kit ive not found a bolt it wont persuade to play nice yet

Andy, I had the option of the Amtech one - which was a couple quid cheaper - but since I've never used one I was afraid to recommend it personally.

If you've got along with it, I'll be happy to include it here as a tool to have.

It's been absolutely fine for me Chris. (y)
It lives in my 'work' toolbox so sees regular action and it hasn’t let me down yet.
It's very similar to your Clarke one, especially in the design of the grip.

Knowing what tool manufacturers are like, it's more than likely made in the same factory with different branding and a slightly different grip.

If it's good for you, reliable and strong? Can't complain there.