Review: 5/5 Bilt-Hamber "Auto-Wheel"

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
Link: https://www.bilthamber.com/auto-wheel

Price: Around £12-14 per litre with spray gun.

Description: A non-acidic, non-caustic, water-based wheel cleaner. It attacks brake dust and breaks it down, but allegedly doesn't affect your wheels or their coating.

Experience: Wildcat is filthy at the moment, so now that she's back on my drive I intend to fully detail her. This evening I thought I would have a go with this stuff on one front wheel. Spraying it on, it immediately went bright pink, which the instructions tell me means that it's reacting with the brake dust and other contaminants. The instructions say that you don't need to agitate it, but since Wildcat has 2 months' worth of grime on her paws, I did.

I have no idea what it's made of, but use gloves; I suspect that it's an irritant of some sort. The product description says it's "pleasant to use" but but it stinks like the back of an aggressive vegan's knickers. Wear a mask and don't breathe the vapours from this stuff.

Results: Well, here's some pics...

A04sqcI.jpg

re0GCKI.jpg

Giving this a 5/5 because of how well it works and how gentle it is on wheels that must be the thick end of 15 years old by now. Great stuff.

Ive been looking for a good product like this for a while having having limited success with some so thanks for the review I think ill give this one a try :)