Sad News (Vonny)

Quicksilver

Admin
Club Admin
Aug 3, 2008
South Glos.
I have been asked by Al to pass on to the forum the sad news that his dearest Vonny passed away this afternoon.
She fought her terrible illness to very end and I'm sure you will join me in offering Al all our sincerest condolences and best wishes at this awful time.

I'm lost for words. :cry: I was only chatting to Vonny the other day and we were saying how much we were looking forward to being able to catch up once Covid bates off... this doesn't feel real. Obviously I knew Vonny was extremely ill but I'm struggling to process this.

The natural instinct is to want to go and comfort Al, but we can't. Attending Vonny's funeral also seems unlikely in the current climate. All we can do for now is be there for Al as a club, as a family and ensure we physically visit him the moment we're permitted.

We just saw Rich's post on Facebook and Rach and I are so sorry to hear this news, both of us in tears. Vonny was always the life and soul of the party, especially at fest time. I really feel for Al and wish, like you Rich that we could all be there for him, especially with his heart condition. RIP our dearest Vonny, you'll always be in our thoughts. Our prayers and Love go out to Al.

Terrible news, she was a lovely lady.
My thoughts are with Al at this worst of times. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awful news. :(

I only met her once but I know how much a part of the club she is. I feel for you all who knew her well.

I'm not really sure what to say here. Vonny was like a mum to all of us. I am proud to say that I once finished one of her roast dinners.
Things like this always seem to happen to the decent people, and you couldnt get more decent than Al & Vonny, they've done so much for so many over the years.
Al, if you're reading this please accept our condolences. We're all here for you even if we can't physically be.

I finally got to meet Vonny at Blackpool last year and I remember my first words to her were "you're the famous Vonny." She made an impression on me that day. Thinking of you Al x

Elaine and I met up with Al and Vonny last year during their holidays here in sunny Great Yarmouth. We all spent an hour or so having afternoon tea and chatting beside the boating lake. What a lovely lady and so sad to think we won't see her again. Our thoughts are with Al at this difficult time. God bless...

Tracey just delivered the news to me when I woke up from a nap on the couch. She is absolutely beside herself and didn't want to tell me.

I have no words. What words could there be?

That's it Chris, there really isn't any words.

So sorry Al, by all accounts she was a wonder.