Cougar-S Replica from a YouTuber

Everton

Club Member
Oct 10, 2009
Liverpool
One of the many channels I follow on YouTube popped up a video today - completely out of the blue. Usually Retro Gaming related, this time a project he did to transform a standard C2 into a Cougar-S. Quite surprised, have a gander (y)

He mentions "Twisted Vision" which rings a bell for some reason?

Well spotted Andy, it is indeed the same car. He must have been bored with the lockdown and decided to finally post a video [emoji38]

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk

Christian, the bloke who had it done, sold it when he moved to the US.
The new owner lived in the Nottingham area but never appeared on the forum.
It was last spotted a few years ago by Al, who caught it on video and IIRC Rik Edwards who saw it in a local car park.

Yeah Christians car.
From memory Twisted Ripoffs I mean Vision, did 3 of these, Pauls (Shagmonkey) Thundercat, Rodders black one and Christians, and tbh they all had issues, so much so that Paul and Rodders had to remove the kits and refit them properly, oh and whatever you do don't ask Kully about them lol

Saw Christians car just before he left for the states.............looked lovely, from a distance lol

edit, not sure if the moulds are now with a certain horticulturist lol

I'm kind of confused. This video looks like it was made by the person who did the modification some years ago, but was posted by someone who owned the car recently?

As an aside, it really is lovely by the way. Apparently faulty in the conversion, but...pretty from a distance.

Lastly, the museum car might be worth some serious money, but no road-legal Cougar ever would be, surely? The whole premise of the video makes us a joke I think.

Million dollar Cougar? Uhhh...

Christian, the bloke who had it done, sold it when he moved to the US.
The new owner lived in the Nottingham area but never appeared on the forum.
It was last spotted a few years ago by Al, who caught it on video and IIRC Rik Edwards who saw it in a local car park.

I saw it in Tesco`s car park in Ollerton a couple of years ago, shoulf have left mt number so they could get in touch, it has been spotted at a local bodyshop as well by the shop owner

If I ever see it again I will sit and wait until the owner appears, I believe it is a woman

Found these pics on the web a while back.
Anyone recognise it?

Reg looks like S38 UPP, listed as a red Cougar, MOT expired 2012.

S melina.jpg
S melina 2.jpg

Thanks Andy, it looks great.

I've also been following Daniel Funk on facebook and his S conversion, I sent him a message as he hasn't updated for a while. Told me he's spent time getting AWD working but plans on getting the body kit fitted in June.
He bought the kit a few years ago but I don't know where from.

S bodykit.jpg

I guess he must have bought the kit from Twisted Vision before/when they packed up.
As Tony alluded to up-thread, the moulds are now in Wil Leaper's possession.

Found these pics on the web a while back.
Anyone recognise it?

Reg looks like S38 UPP, listed as a red Cougar, MOT expired 2012.

Jon, that's Thundercat, Paul's (Shagmonkey) old car as mentioned by Tony in post no.6 ^.

If I recall correctly, Si Sephton (Scunnycougar) tracked down Thundercat a few years back and it had indeed been resprayed a weird shade of brownish-red. I think Si's plan was to restore the car but found it to be too far gone with rot and ended up breaking it. Quite happy to be corrected if I've mis-remembered any of that.

I think you're right. If nothing else, it was definitely an odd dark copper colour by that time. I believe I encountered the rear lip spoiler parts over at Dave Chant's house back in 2013 or so?