Renderings of a "new" Cougar

Very much in keeping with the original Mustang/Cougar siblings. I like it a lot, though most people in the street would struggle to differentiate, and since the Mustang is so well-equipped these days, you'd struggle to find a market for it.

If Ford were to revive the Cougar name, it’d likely be for a crossover instead of a new, luxury sports car.

I agree with this conclusion. Ford don't even make saloons or hatches in the States anymore, and the buying public have only themselves to blame.

I'm sure it would be possible for a firm (like Tickford) to take in Mustangs and change the interiors and a few cosmetic panels/lights to turn out actual examples of re-imagined Cougars.
Why leave it up to Ford and their defunct Mercury brand.
Ford have plenty of powertrain options in what they sell.

I'm sure it would be possible for a firm (like Tickford)

They've certainly got previous.:love::D
Tickford-Ford-Mustang-Bathurst-4-.jpg

ford-mustang-allan-moffat-edition-side.jpg

I dont like it.
It looks like a mustang mated with a camaro. It got daddys rear and mommas nose. For this to even happen here ford has to reinstate the mercury name which wont happen for 1 car and a bunch of old farts like us who wish they still made it.
bc7ec1dc4a5002be6006be7d637ea7a3.jpg
a9ccf229bc86901e06ac7570741b294b.jpg

The big trick the original cougar pulled off so well was disguising it's Mustang origin's and of course the Mustang very cleverly did the same with its falcon roots, this rendering does not manage that at all, a similar type of conversion has been successfully done in the states converting the current model camero into a modern fire bird so it's perfectly possible if the market is there for a coach builder to do it.

That video is of course, linked from YouTube. However good CGI can be, I can't believe there was no physical car used to generate it. All the lighting / reflections seem correct...

Reactions: nvingo
Lighting and reflections are handled with a HRDI, which can be created using a 360 camera these days.

Lighting and reflections are handled with a HRDI, which can be created using a 360 camera these days.
Great for something like this, but terrifying when you consider how it can be abused. And it's not a new technology either; it's just getting more convincing and more accessible.

Reactions: MRT803