• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2020

Been on our allotments today, all looking good if a little dry. Luckily we are the only ones with 1,000 litre tanks and an electric pump driving a hosepipe. However, on the way home we decided to have a small bar-be in the garden so I stopped at the little co-op in the village. All the locals are great and know how to socially distance graciously. But we are a seaside village and the foreign visitors are all turning up and have a clue or a care about anything. The all move around in a large posse of 10 or 12 like covid doesn't exist. This is going to cause so much bad feeling. At one point some wench was reaching around me, but sadly only for cornflakes...

- - - Updated - - -

...the fact that there's no way of realistically policing/inspecting this...

Absolutely right Chris. The govt knows its capabilities to police this, which tend to zero, so we get 'guidelines' that should be followed and they hope for public co-operation. Its a shame they can't stamp on a few idiots now and again to show the rest of us we are doing it right...

I'm a may be to this depending on how the scamdemic "rules" go.
I'll ring the site in the morning to inquire if I can tent there - there will be 3 of us.

According to their Facebook page they are only open at present for caravans or motor homes with their own facilities, they've promised to let me know if this changes and I'm reasonably confident it will.

UPDATE

THE CAMPSITE WILL BE OPEN FOR OUR USE AS PLANNED. PLEASE COULD I HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHO IS STILL COMING?

Sorry for the capitals but this is important.

Matt.

backseateducation
jongibbon
MissxJules
Mjp100drums
Mako
JoeJo
Everton (possible)

Last edited:
I'll be there Matt.

I'm currently not due to come out of lockdown until 1st August, can't see 1 day making much difference but there won't be any hugging when I arrive. (y)

If there is still space I would like to come. Bramblewood have confirmed it is still okay to be going ahead x

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed them yesterday and they just said they emailed you to comfirm it can happen. I would defo like to come it will be our first event as new Cougar owners

Work dependant ill pop over at some point over the weekend then Matt

They only let you in for free with a silver Cougar as they feel sorry for you ;)

As much as I'd love to do fest again it will be a last minute decision on spec for a caravan and if/when I get my surgery.
Regarding the toilets, we still have the portal loo and the one we bought in Norwich enroute to last years fest which was never used[emoji16]. Anybody got a portable wardrobe? [emoji1]

Sent from my Xperia 10 using Tapitap

BTW, if I can't make the weekend I'm sure I'd make a day visit.

Yes Matt, as before, will need electric hook up for the tent. Let me know how much and when, I can't guarantee will be there the Friday but would like the slot. Two nights pls. I'll also bring bacon sandwiches!(y) P.s. well bread, bacon and a bbq. :LOL:

Last edited: