• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2020

Guys, gonna have to suck it and see on this one, got Thundersport at Donny weekend before then Anglesey end of August..........that may well be more miles than even i could handle lol but will keep tabs and see whats going on closer the time, also Chris may just be a bit closer than he thinks if i get shouted to go fix stuff lol

Provisional for me........

God knows now..............

Up until yesterday it looked like infections were on a wavering decline. It's since gone up as have deaths (alarmingly) and I kind of feel like even if we see the back of the graph happen in a month or so, we're going to be told to keep apart for months yet.

I'll love it it we come out of it by the time of Cougarfest, but... I think the year might be a writeoff. As a vulnerable person, I don't suppose I should take the risk, and none of us are getting any younger.

Thank you for your efforts Matt. I hope we can get together soon.

I guess it's a moveable feast mate, I know Andy is looking at the Castle Combe October date so maybe we could combine Fest with that if we had to.

I have tonight emailed Bramblewood as I am hopeful as ever that with recent plans announced to ease restrictions on hospitality and holidays Fest may still be able to go ahead and I wanted to confirm my intention to hold the event if they are open. Obviously any decision to open for business is down to them, and they may decide to put in their own restrictions, but I'm sure we can work around most situations. It would be good to get at least one get-together this year.

I mean, of all the places you could fit 15 cars, tents, and still manage to do social distancing... But, yes that is their risk to decide upon.

Ours too of course.

It was really for that reason Chris - if we have to be a bit more spread out, better that we have first (and possibly only) dibs on the rally field.

Quick update on this - I received this email over the weekend. Sounds promising, but note the part about the shower/toilet block possibly having to remain closed. This would be OK for caravanners with their own facilities, but would knock it on the head for us. As ever I'll keep you informed when I can.

Hi Matt
Currently we do not know when we will be able to open, although from what I have seen there may be a relaxation as part of the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July review.

I know that the C&CC and the M&CC are pushing the government for permission to re-open, the only caveat may be that our toilet block may have to remain closed for an interim period, although fresh water and waste (CDP) will be available.
If you follow us on facebook, that is where we will post that the site is re-opening.
We have your booking in the diary, so at the moment it is a bit of a wait and see.
Best regards
Steve & Sandra Coffin
Bramblewood Caravan Park

With the recent announcement that campsites will be allowed to open soon, I'm a bit more hopeful that Fest may be able to go ahead. As discussed above, the site can now take bookings for caravans and motor homes with their own on-board facilities, but my understanding from the government announcement is that shared facilities will be allowed to open if cleaning regimes are stepped up, so as ever I'll keep an eye on the Bramblewood website and keep you informed.

Our local council is constantly trying to work out how to practically operate these government guidelines. There are so many problems to solve, many establishments won't open at all. Others may open but find it difficult to be profitable. Lets hope some more solutions are found soon. Toilet and facilities cleaning is easy. A man with a pump spray goes round every hour. No need to touch anything except with the lance to lift seats to spray underneath...

Matt, Thanks for keeping on top of this - it's really appreciated. Hopefully we can salvage something from this year.

Mick, There may be an assumption that $Large_Corporation will have the resources to step up their cleaning regime, whereas a campsite run by a couple may not. Add to that the fact that there's no way of realistically policing/inspecting this, and here we are.