Review: 5/5 Trim clip & tool set

backseateducation

Club Moderator
Feb 1, 2014
Cornwall
Short and sweet this one. Bought from ebay after a couple of the plastic rivets on my Mondeo's boot trim went south after removal to get at the tailgate lock. Over 500 pieces, plus tools for less than eight quid? Brilliant(y)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500Pcs-C...537382?hash=item1a866e7c26:g:RAQAAOSwKWhdpZ9K

Price - 5/5

Function - 5/5

Overall - 5/5

One of those things that's so cheap, you don't need an excuse to have one, especially when Halfords want twelve quid for a 'multi' remover tool that tries to get all the different jaws on to one tool, so you can't get it into small gaps (like the tailgate grab handles on a Mondeo). I'm sure I'll be pleased I've got this on many occasions in the future.

Still can't post links properly though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite sure why the link doesn't work, but it cuts and pastes OK. Good spot Matt, I've been looking for something like this too. It would cost a fortune to buy those fasteners separately...

Matt, in the last two posts I've corrected your links in you've had a different font(verdana) selected; I don't know if that's what's causing your problem?

It seems to depend on your browser.

I was fine on Firefox, (the URL apparently included anonymised User Browser Agent and tracking information, though eBay dealt with it gracefully) but if font or location information applied from the forum here causes a problem, just copy/paste it into a Notepad window then copy it again from there.

Incidentally, Dan and I were talking about this yesterday. We could've done with a reliable kit, so I'll watch with interest how durable this one is for the princely sum of eight quid!

I bought one of those boxes full of the clips before as I CBA to remove the trim clips on the wheelarch everytime and just break them off :LOL: they do come in really handy

Maybe time to buy the proper tool again, will be good to see how they stand the test of time ive had some of the cheaper ones before and after a few uses they tend to go a bit crap at the business end