Um.

Utterly mad, but looks great fun (y)

Although part of me is thinking that, perhaps, it would be better enjoyed on a track and not a public road... I don't mean to be a killjoy or anything, but there are plenty of people out there who would see this as a "menace" and would happily tar all car enthusiasts with that brush. Videos like this really only give them more ammunition, sadly.

I guess it depends on the driver and their right foot. You don't have to drive your over-powered econobox to the limit on the public roads - you don't even need to make boost. And maybe this guy doesn't generally and was just showing off for the video?

I personally wouldn't take that bet, but it's not much different from the inexperienced middle-aged millionaire with a MacLaren if you think about it.

All true. I was just thinking in terms that it seems to take very little to get the "What if..?" brigade (you know the ones, the hand-wringing, "Won't someone think of the children?!" types) frothing at the mouth these days. They're a minority, but they seem to shout and stamp their feet the loudest....

Oh, I know the ones Mart.

That said, I really enjoy the ingenuity here, but I'm not quite so sure that this guy is one of the reasonable folk that won't roll this thing into a ditch and take out a family of 5 in their Sharan at the same time. You kind of get a feeling for it, don't you?

I guess that judgement should be reserved until he does though!