Review: 5/5 Dent repair Kit.

Franspeed

Well-known user
Feb 23, 2014
Nottinghamshire
I have had a dent in the rear quarter of the Red Focus ST I have for a while and it was "doing my head in"..
I had a look to see if I could push it out from the inside of the boot area after removing the boot interior panel, only to find it is double skinned, so that was an no go....(n)

Anyway, on one of my many late night trawls through ebay etc... I came across a little dent repair kit (amtech dent repair kit) So, I think, why not, give it a go, what ya got to lose...:rolleyes:

Today, I are mostly been doing dent repair....:geek:

Here's some pics of the job in hand...

My Dent..GRRRR...
ST DENT REPAIR 1.jpg
More GRRRR...
ST DENT REPAIR 2.jpg
Here's the kit...
ST DENT REPAIR 7.jpg
simple instructions really, just follow them and you should have no problems, I am usually a heavy handed thug, so was a bit (shall we say) apprehensive...:rolleyes:.. so I just "crack on" and dive in...

that little lot below, is the tool for the dent removal, the middle bit is the part that you put the glue on, once you have heated it up with the glue gun that comes with the kit, along with the glue stick, you place the "plunger" in the middle of the dent, holding it, not pushing it or pressing heavily, for approx 30 seconds to let the glue adhere to the paint surface, then place the bar with the 2 (don't know what to call them, black round things) over the top of the centre plunger, you then have to put a wing nut, supplied in the kit onto the centre plunger, it has a threaded bar so you just tighten the wing nut SLOWLY... and it pulls the metal out then... hey presto the dent came out....:eek::eek:

ST DENT REPAIR 3.jpg
Look NO DENT...:)..
ST DENT REPAIR 5.jpg
ST DENT REPAIR 6.jpg
Pretty impressed with my work...:rolleyes:
here's a pic of the complete kit, after I had used it, see that little "blob" of clear stuff, that's the glue that you peel off the plunger using the release agent supplied in the kit...
ST DENT REPAIR 7.jpg
Over all, I am well impressed, it did it's job, so from me, it's a 5/5