Interesting random encounter

martw80888

Club Member
May 25, 2015
Poole, Dorset
I went to my local sorting office after work to collect a couple of parcels (today's the one day a week they bother to stay open til a decent time). Pulled into the carpark and squeezed in next to a Galaxy (or possibly an S-Max/C-Max - they all look similar to me). As I got out of my Coug, the chap in the driver's seat yelled "I used to have of them!"

Turns out he used to own The Beast (DC51 CAT)! Had it for a while a few years back, he was saying he spent a fair bit getting a custom ECU map sorted for it. Eventually sold up due to it not being very practical once he had kids. I asked him if he remembered who he sold it to, he said he couldn't remember the chap's name, but did remember that he had a few other Cougars. That sounds like Will to me, and when I said as much he said it rang a bell.

He asked if I knew if it was still around - I gently broke the news that it no longer exists, which he seemed ok with. I told him as much as I could remember about Ricky's adventures with it (although that wasn't much tbf:)). He was also interested to hear that I currently have The Beast's exhaust sitting in my back garden awaiting fitting to NHK - "Yeah, you definitely wanna get that on mate, it'll sound great!"

Nice chap, I definitely got the sense that he misses having a V6 coupe in his life :LOL:

And, small world, eh?

I'm working on it mate, I've found a local place that looks good for fitting it, just got to find time to ring them (and make sure I've got the means to pay for it - I should get a bit of bonus in this month's pay so it could work out right) (y)