Toys and models

I've got one of them somewhere, some others too in different colours.

Back when I was a kid in Florida in the 70s and 80s, I collected Hot Wheels.

There were definitely some cars that were horribly exaggerated like this thing is, but my absololute favourite was a dark blue '84 Camaro.

Man, I drove that thing around so many restaurant tables. Dad and I would reverse it next to my fork at TGI's or maybe Tarks' or Mineo's.

How funny that I became the Car Guy and he's... kind of interested but doesn't really care.

And now I need to buy one. Jeez.

I love looking through endless Ebay listings of Matchbox cars I used to own.

My best were the Rover 800 Sterling, Cavalier GSI and a 'World Class' (with fancy metallic paint and proper rubber tyres) Porsche 928, but my absolute favourite was a Majorette Alfa 75 V6. This had a tow hook so I could use it with a Siku tilt-bed trailer to bring in sports cars and single seaters to my 'workshop', but on it's own it was a beautifully balanced handler, excellent suspension movement, a hint of mid-corner understeer but easily controlled.:giggle:

Vonny and myself had a day at Skeggy today, before the weather turns. Bought the usual craps and drunk gallons of tea (due to me having to stop every 20 yards) but then we wandered into just another gift shop selling all the usual tatt and i see this @£5.99. A very good one considering where it was, in a blow moulded box with about 20 in alongside a few other common but less desirables such as Porches and Astons etc :LOL:.

1:43 will sit nice alongside the frosty 1:43.
DSC_0169.jpgDSC_0170.jpgDSC_0171.jpgDSC_0172.jpgDSC_0173.jpg

I now have the 1:18 and 1:43 of both models (y)

Definately GT on there but no idea what the other badge is apart from it being the engine cc. I'll be sure to underseal it before the bad weather sets in Chris;)

iirc the bonnet "power bulge" was only used on the 3000 models but became standard on all from the Mk2> so my guess is this is a lower spec with the flat bonnet.