Matt's Cougarforcing Weekend

backseateducation

Club Moderator
Feb 1, 2014
Cornwall
Well thanks to Wil we have had this big lot of parts from the breaking of his black C1 auto donated.
Last week I collated the remains into a pile until it could be transported to our little cave, for which Wil even provided a van(y)
47993679223_7b527271a6_b.jpg

Today Chris came over to assist me and after a slight misunderstanding about how the day was going to pan out:LOL:, we convoyed down to Badminton.
After being welcomed and fed:D by Andy and Karen, we got the parts unloaded and safely stored along with those removed from the forum breaker back last year.
48025378348_fdcfa8af91_b.jpg

We've got a great amount of stuff now that may just help out a car in need, and even a rough inventory of what's actually there.....

Thanks to all for playing their part today. Continues tomorrow.....(y)

Just to clarify, the misunderstanding was entirely on my part - I didn't realise that there was a van involved, and expected to be loading up T's A4! As a result I had a somewhat longer drive than expected.

Still, the petrol was free, the A4 is an absolutely fantastic drive, and it's always great to get out of the house and spend the day with friends even if it's just to lend a hand.

Special shout out to Karen as well - lunch was an outstanding lasagna, garlic bread and salad which kept us all going. Cheers all. :beer:

Nice work guys, hoarding stuff like this now will be a godsend in a few years when parts have dried up (y)

You're not kidding. Up to a few years ago, the biggest problem was getting hold of body panels. But as time goes by even some service parts - especially for the V6 - are getting troublesome to get hold of from any motor factor.

And as Matt was telling me the other week, he hasn't seen a Cougar or a MkI/'96 Facelift/MKII Mondeo in a scrapyard for some time. Even the MKIII is getting rare, right Matt? We're going to have to adapt, modify, and find alternatives... so this haul is brilliant - thanks Wil!

The one thing I should've pinched today was the hardline vac pipe from the underside of the UIM. I've got that ST200 UIM from Mart where the pipe is broken and I still haven't got around to buying a pipe-bending kit! Oh well.

I need to have a clear out of my stuff and if club is willing they will be welcome to it, includes fogs, C2 lights, numerous UIMs including st200 ones, LIMs and various cables

Very true Chris, the more we've got the better. There are parts available secondhand, but its always cheaper in those yards where you can pull the bits off yourself (which are themselves getting rare!)

I'd like to add my thanks to Wil for donating the parts and to Matt and Chris for getting them here. (y)
It was a pleasure to see you both again today and to talk 'Cougars' for awhile.

We now have quite a selection of parts available to the forum but I would like to emphasise that we don't want to 'step on the toes' of any members who might be breaking cars or selling parts.
As previously, anything we have will be offered in exchange for a donation to the forum funds, plus postage where necessary, if the specific part is unavailable elsewhere on the forum.

Well the second part of the roadtrip odyssey went well today with an easy run down to Tims. Lovely to spend time with you mate, a couple of hours at Combe every year isn't enough really I must make more effort.
Got the car loaded up and after lunch and some Mondeo talk, I headed north back to Badminton. This lot will look much better in Wildcat than Tim's garage(y)
48031676096_08574d885b_b.jpg

Once again thanks to all involved. Chris you'll need to acquire some spray glue before next weekend to refix the sound deadening to the rear quarter panels but I'm sure you've got some leather cleaner to spruce the seats up. Looks like we have a plan with regards to the wiring too, so should be all good for fitting next week.

You. You have gone well and above anything that a reasonable person would expect of a friend.

I do my best for everyone, (well, most people) but you've done so much for m... Wildcat that I simply can't express how grateful I am to you.

I'll see you at Andy's next weekend - and all I need to do is get the driver's seat loom done. The rest can happen here, especially if there's anything I can do for you or Andy and my time down there is better used helping you.

Also, since I'm not running Angel for 4 hours, she doesn't care whether I'm gone or not! :whistle:

The wiring is not going to be fun. There's some horror and I expect that I'll have to deal with it.

I think I can do it, but it's kind of like you need to accept that you might get it wrong. Probably won't though.

Hope this all goes well Chris. I know the leather will need a quick clean, as been sat, but well covered with care for the last 6 years. It's going to look lovely in Wildcat. I've actually sat in the seats when they were in Ad's old Cougar and they were well comfortable. Hope you manage to sort the electrics.

Thanks Tim!

I really don't care if it immediately goes wrong though. I'll do what I have to and will fix as necessary.

Would be nice if it stopped raining though.

Yeh, I did have words at work today about the sodding rain. I had to raise an incident with our IT team as my sun key on my keyboard is broken lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator: