My cougar i bought it back

I can't help but think that you would need a fairly... sympathetic MOT tester to get away with that. I mean, even if you presented it with the "choke" closed, its purpose would be immediately obvious.

Also, I'm pretty sure we saw this Cougar at Combe a couple of years ago. Those corner splitters look very familiar!

Opinions please

New look what you guys think

- - - Updated - - -

IMG-20190829-WA0009.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20190829-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190829-WA0013.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20190829-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20190829-WA0010.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 7
I'm totally happy that you're doing you. Nobody's opinion counts except for yours.

On a practical note, I would run those slats as shallow as you can. A FWD road car can't really use a wing - that's for rear-end downforce which you don't need and the Cougar is already set up for - but a rear spoiler set up correctly will make the car more efficient at speed by disrupting airflow over the tailgate.

Says the guy without a big spoiler on the back of his car [emoji13]. It wont make it any faster. And people are going to give you grief. But contrary to popular belief I felt like mine helped the rear end not slide out as much in corners. For function purposes you really just have to ask yourself how many sharp turns do you plan to take at 70+ MPH?[emoji1787] Up until that speed its fairly nimble.

My question is what are those sticking out??
7769281eff0984ba0d9472091f0b75a8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, those are splitter extensions. I believe those specific ones were intended for a Honda. I had them on the rear-end of my Rover.

As for your comment on the wing, I completely agree with you (or rather, you were agreeing with me!). A wing doesn't really do anything under ~60MPH or so and that's fine, though you can do something with it at lower speeds. But you are going to have to put up with negative comments from haters.

That's why I said, "You do you." I'm not here to be negative about how people modify! :)

I only did this as i love to annoy people let comments flow lol but after all the work i had to do i had to change the look goes nice with the twin exhaust,

new splitters aswell looking good

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• Snapchat-1084465269.jpg
    Snapchat-1084465269.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Snapchat-518427856.jpg
    Snapchat-518427856.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 4
I was wondering how I missed this but considering the last couple of years circumstances I'm not surprised. Anyway Mark it's good to see you got it back and looking good but what's the general condition like compared to when you let it go?