• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2019 Bramblewood 30 aug to 1st sept

Last time my nan was in the UK, she danced with Tracey around our living room to Prodigy's Omen. She was 83. Dad was totally freaked, but the rest of us thought it was awesome.

So, um... go for it!

Oh god no!! on another I'm looking forward to this just need to find some accomadation means like a tent lol got very thing else lol

If I don't hurry up I'll be sleeping in the car like kully did about 4 years ago when we was last at Grendon lakes lol

So what are you going to do, Emma?

Are you going to be on your own? Bringing your daughter?

What is your requirement in terms of space?

I've ordered myself a new tent and Tina will not be coming as she does not like camping any more!! Lol

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Chris I forgot to mention that despite your kind offer of sharing I did buy myself another cheap tent, much better than the last one though. I just thought I'd look pretty daft if I turned up without one and then some disaster befell you! Having one that is more like a tent than a canvas coffin might mean I actually use it at other times too!

Of course mate - I have had a practice run with mine but we'll figure it out. Of course with you having bought that one off Tim I expect the instructions will be upside down...... :)

Cheers old bean! It also means that I only have to set up one "bedroom", meaning that if it's steaming hot or chucking it down, I'll have the space to accommodate guests in my "lounge"!

Don't know if I mentioned it, (I probably did) but I've bought a burner and gas canisters, a kettle, a roll-up table, some small frying pans... It was mainly because I wasn't sure whether Al and Vonny were coming (and I know that Paul and Gem aren't) so I thought it was best that I pull my weight to help people who only camp once a year and don't want to make that investment.

As it happens, they have already paid for themselves over the three shows/meets we've had in the last few months just in the cost of teas!

By the way, have we ever had a Cougarfest rained out? I remember rain on a Sunday morning once, and some showers overnight on Friday, but other than that, we've always been blessed with the weather. Anyone?

Nice one mate, I'm sure we'll have enough facilities. I've got my fancy mini stove and electric hookup kit so should be ok for most eventualities. Plus we can always cram in with Tony if it's really bad...…:LOL:

Chris, from memory, I think one year Billing Aquadrome more than lived-up to it's name with most of it ending-up underwater and the reason UKC were offered the bank by the lake at Grendon in 2012 was because the normal camp field was waterlogged.

Ah the infamous Billing lakefest lol my first and Jamie and myself attacked Stripes suspension in the marquee while they were setting up the disco pmsfl.
The Wendy House will be on site with all the usual facilities lol and if the weather holds i'll even chuck the marquee err sorry awning up lol but as posted i'm not intending on staying saturday night, although i will be leaving early evening as I have been informed today that i'm deffo heading west again monday morning, so two nights at home in 17 won't be too bad :eek: :cry: lol at least i'll get my washing done lol

I vividly remember driving down to Billing. It was pouring down all the way and all i was thinking to myself was, "Alan, turn around, you must be nuts" :LOL:
The Wet one! yes, 2007, also my first fest, now that was wet, so wet tractors were involved :) but we we'rent washed out, no chance lol we just got drunk iirc some of us were still in that gazebo at gone 04.00am :beer:
That Grendon one was also a good wet one although the weekend turned out to be a hot dry one. The main/usual field was a bog. Jason, myself and somebody else were first to arrive and i walked into the field to check the ground. I hadn't gone far before i was paddling hence we went up on the banking. Great weekend and iirc the first time we saw Matt (ginja) with his new girlfriend Emma.
Rained off fest? Never! :beer:

Past Fests