Puma name revival

It totally escapes me why you didn't post this in "Over 18s" because there is no way I can respond without the vilest of profanity.

Ford, please look at yourself and back up.

Lucy wasn't too impressed by this news :)

It irritates me that Ford does this, I encounter enough confusion from people when I say "Cougar" and they hear "Kuga"

What the actual **** is that thing

And why?

It's a bitzer. Basically a Volvo V70 (Kinja is a bitch but if you can read the comments you'll see how it was forensically torn apart by the Jalopnik denizens) on some weird SUV chassis.

I can't explain the why of it because I am not a mental health professional.

What cracks me up is that the apparent sociopath - remember that I am not qualified to diagnose this imbecile - that built it tried to sue the author of the article. You don't win a lawsuit simply because someone tells you that you have your pants on your head.

At least they're not doing this.

Because, damn.
I like that :eek:

If any of you remember a TV series called "The Highwayman", about a 'secret' law enforcer whose allocated vehicle was an articulated lorry where the cab could turn into a helicopter and separate from the chassis, his colleague had a unit which more resembled a sports car.
From that, I wondered if a well-proportioned overscale model of eg. a Ferrari could be fitted with a fifth-wheel coupling and be used to haul a 40' trailer. Again, just because!
And this car comes close to that vision. Though I expect it comes at a gross weight that allows mortals (in some territories at least) to drive, nay pilot, it on a car licence.

The brochure says
The Youabian Puma was created with one goal in mind:
to standout and be unique
I make that two goals.

Wh... I like you, but we can no longer be car friends. There is absolutely nothing about that car that is forgivable. It's an atrocity.

Please find some way to redeem yourself.

:edit: I wonder if the good doctor is still looking for people to sue?

Dan's response is beyond perfect, (isn't your wife a healthcare professional, Dan?)

I'm not going to run through the questionnaire though!

That's weird - I thought she was a nurse. I'm completely hatstand though, so no surprise there.

Still funny though and T's caretaking of me is valid.

Well sadly ive seen a few of these new 'puma' now driving around on 70 plates

Such a shame they pump out **** like this and people eat it up!

Basically I do not care what the manufacturers churn out as I will certainly never buy a new car, however what does deeply annoy me is manufacturers like ford that raid their back catalogue for names and stick them on cars that have absolutely nothing in common with previous models, the puma was a nippy small 3 door coupe, the new one has 5 doors and is a mini SUV, the kuga name is a silly made up name that sounds like cougar and again is stuck on an SUV, more silly models to come including a 5 door SUV mustang , personally the whole suv thing goes over my head, most live in suburban locations and never go off road or to the beach.:oops: