MOT creep...

Well there she goes.....

1b1fb4099218ebb281f775e046d460c4.jpg

Sent from Pid using Tapitap.

Nope, never any doubt in my mind either. :beer:

Having also done the double sidelight thing, it never ocurred to me that you could pass with one of them out. I just assumed that if it was present, it had to work. Interesting to know.

..Having also done the double sidelight thing, it never ocurred to me that you could pass with one of them out. I just assumed that if it was present, it had to work.
I would imagine it's a case of, the working pair is viewed as the obligatory sidelights, and the odd working one of the other pair is just a single cosmetic lamp.

Thanks all. I think the way the sidelight thing was interpreted is that both sides had working sidelights so it must be a pass. I was simply informed that one of my "mods" wasn't working (y).
When i got home, via visiting my mum, appx 1.5hrs DG parked on the drive, go into the house to be informed by Vonny one of the brakelights isn't working o_O. Soon SORTED (y).
Interesting MOT point here. One lady waiting to collect her car, post MOT was informed that the tester could not see the airbag warning light. Of course she assumed her car had failed but no. The tester informed her and all around (we all sat listening intently and with interest :)) If i can see the icon and it doesn't light up it's a fail but if i cannot see the light icon regardless of weather it works or not, then i cannot fail it so therefore it's a pass.
Hope you soaked that up ;)
Btw, this doesn't apply to the ABS warning lamp.

Great result, and never in doubt.

Without meaning to go too far off topic, what's this double sidelight thing I hear all the cool kids are doing...?

Sam, C2 headlamps have an extra socket, usually plugged-off, behind the outer reflector section for a running lamp which can be wired into the sidelights.