Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbranded - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System ( TPMS )

1,837 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 2,089 Times
    in 1,588 Posts

Been having a look at these Noel after reading your review.

Saw a few on ebay that link into android that seem interesting, rather than have a reader stuck somewhere in the car you can have it nice and tidy in your pocket, you can set it up to alert you under a certain PSI too, so when you get into the car it will ping your phone before you set off so you know to go inflate

Another thought this has given me is to upgrade the cheapo touchscreen headunit with a proper android one then link it into that

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dandamano For This Useful Post:

Admin

5,504 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 5,938 Times
    in 4,318 Posts

"Got in my Mercury and drove out West
    Pedal to the metal and my luck to the test........" Lucinda Williams - Fruits of My Labour

RIP Chris.
    RIP Matt.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quicksilver For This Useful Post:

1,091 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 500 Times
    in 374 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    ...The previous owner of my car bought a set of Momocorse wheels which have screw-in adaptors...
    I've found the Momocorse website, but of course I'm not sure what model of wheels you have. However, after taking a look at a few of them, I'm not quite sure why the Internal Sensors, ( please see disassembled unit in the photo below ) would not fit. The electronics part can be angled thru about 90 degrees to optimise tyre fitment and avoid damage when driving over bumps, potholes etc.

I presume that the link Andy kindly provided is typical of what you have, but they look like they would just swap over. Ok, so you would have valve stems showing, but they would be rigid and there appears to be room enough on the ones I looked at. They also indicate that many of their wheels are TPMS compatible. It doesn't show their own TPMS system as far as I can see ( there's no 'Search' that I could find ), so this would otherwise imply 3rd party kit ?

I also suspect that the sensors are all more or less interchangeable at this time, so maybe find a set that fit and use them with any head unit ?

I don't know if that helps...

IMG_3617.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:

1,091 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 500 Times
    in 374 Posts

A quick followup on this. Despite not recharging the unit, it has been in use every day including multiple trips to and from Cambridge. However, the 3 section battery status indicator is still at 'max' and all working really well.

I have also received the replacement microswitch for the other one and have 99 left over...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12