Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 89

Thread: FS: 2000 'W' C1 2.5 V6 in Ebony (Wildcat)

7,275 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 6,673 Times
    in 4,628 Posts

Tony, you (and Paul) have been a faithful friend who has looked after Tiger without question. I was setting money aside to get her resprayed, though I've been worried. I'll need to be without her for a few weeks.

On the other hand, here comes Wildcat, who is beautiful but has mechanical problems that need some attention. I'm not sure I can live with a car that has reliability issues, long-term.

I'm happy to own both for a few months while they both get their acts together, but at the end of that one of them has to go because I can't justify owning (and running) two of them. And that's what I can't reconcile.

I suspect I'm going to upset someone at some point, and that...doesn't sit well with me. I'll need to make a decision and I will need to decide who I ask forgiveness from.
    Hoy por ti, mañana por mí.

1,491 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 2,212 Times
    in 1,453 Posts

Why would anyone get upset Chris? If you sell Wildcat on it means you're sorted out her foibles - and and you found her a new owner. If you sell Tiger, you saved her and found her a new owner. Either way, you've done right by both cars - they'll both thanks you for what you will have done for them

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Everton For This Useful Post:

7,275 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 6,673 Times
    in 4,628 Posts

You're right John, and maybe I need to be less emotionally invested.

The fact is that I didn't buy Wildcat last year because Tony's effort was so outstanding that I simply could not just hand Tiger off.

I still feel that way, but your post helps me see that whatever I do, someone else is going to get a solid car.

Or...maybe I'll keep them both for a while. Depends on what Wildcat is like to run on a daily basis. I just don't know.

2,339 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 1,810 Times
    in 1,330 Posts

Lol mech stuff is easy, welding will always come back to haunt, however much it's protected or prepped!!!
    Look at my Jag, it's been a royal PITA but it's only spanner stuff, I've checked the usual rot places and there will be future work, or I'll just replace it if it gets in the way of work on Goblin
    ST200 Halfbreed C1.5, DeCat Headers, BlueFlame catback, 57i, ST220 TB, ST200 UIM/LIM, Strutbraced, Galvanised and Carbon.......ooooooh lots of lovely Carbon

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TopCat1127 For This Useful Post:

1,491 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 2,212 Times
    in 1,453 Posts

"Depends on what Wildcat is like to run on a daily basis"

Ride: Firm. She really doesn't like speed bumps or potholes. The first speed bump I hit on the way back from Tim's place was at the end of our road. Lesson learned quickly! She does corner very flat though

Exhaust: Loud. I was a bit self-concious about it at first and would drive at higher revs with partial throttle to keep the noise down a bit. But then I became accustomed to it - a lovely noise. (I think you all heard me approaching at the meet point for Cosford!)

She gets a lot of admiring looks and glances as she's driving along.

** Review Ends **

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Everton For This Useful Post:

7,275 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 6,673 Times
    in 4,628 Posts

I'm not going to make any decisions at this point because I haven't owned Wildcat yet, and I'm not entirely sure what is going to be required of me by her.

Ideally, Wildcat will get a new Mondeo rear subframe and a new fuel pump (or wiring/connector?) to at least get her back into shape. Hopefully that's the only investment I need to make above the purchase price. At that point, I will sell her to someone at cost (parts and car) along with a year's membership to the club as a way of keeping her here and gaining a new member.

At worst, I will take her chassis and C2/ST200 the hell out of it, and transfer all of Tiger's trick bits, Blue Flame and leather. Tiger then becomes a standard-ish C1 with a rorty exhaust, who I will sell for what I bought her for... £385, in case you're wondering.

Options are there, and your acceptance and help is always appreciated. I promise to do my best!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mako For This Useful Post:

8,294 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 5,430 Times
    in 3,813 Posts

Anytime mate. Whatever happens, we're all behind you.

Now go and fetch the bloody thing so we can get started.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to backseateducation For This Useful Post:

1,733 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 2,362 Times
    in 1,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Ideally, Wildcat will get a new Mondeo rear subframe and a new fuel pump (or wiring/connector?) to at least get her back into shape.
    If you're going to drop the subframe, especially if you're going to drop the subframe, I beg and implore you to access the fuel pump by also dropping the tank and not by hacking into that beautiful car with tinsnips.

Quote Originally Posted by Pid_16V View Post
    In all fairness though, i do think they should limit any engine size to at least a V6 config

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Relliott6879 For This Useful Post:

7,275 Thanks given
    ----
    Thanked 6,673 Times
    in 4,628 Posts

If I need to drop the tank and need to do subframe stuff, I asssure you that I'll do it correctly Rich. No question!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mako For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 89