New cougar owner needs help!

I used UB to do the sills and chassis rails - it also comes in a spray can with the flexible 360-degree lance that Matt is talking about there.

I then used the paste UB to do her belly (it's similar to Waxoyl but is also self-healing).

Either product is absolutely fine though!

I'm getting in on this now so I'm ready to go. Any one got advice of how many tins I'll need. for the injection spray and the slap-it-on-thick stuff?

Depends on what you're buying.

The standard can of spray UB (I think it's a litre?) will do at least two cars.

The standard tub of brush-on stuff will do at least three cars with a good thick coat.

Now i have actually started the job, there's not much space to get the can into the hole is there!
Also W.T.F is the sponge for! I was told to remove them so i have, but why ford wanted them there in the first place is V strange. I await finding a loofa under the dash or a flannel in the fuel system.:LOL:

Glad you got there in time. I removed them from my first Cougar, but forgot to do so on my second. Big mistake. It took some impressive work from a very dedicated friend with a welder to sort that mess out.

I can only imagine they were there for pure idiocy. Nothing ruins a car quicker - when I removed the similar ones from my Ka I could get my arm in up to the bottom of the glass:eek:

In case anyone is wondering, those foam pads are there to stop resonance between the panels causing "booming". Or in other words, exactly what Dan said.

Ford knew and did this deliberately. They also didn't expect (or care) that the Cougar would be owned for longer than 5 years by people who would worry about the corrosion that they cause.

Remove. Your. Sponges.

Just looking through this first post. I did do the speakers ages ago and still sounding sweet. Front ones too. Cup holder errrmmmm not quite yet, but ANDY please don't "prune" this thread yet as there are links and instructions I still need. I am slow, but I'll get there in the end.