unnecessary quotes removed

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
Some of our members might be seeing a lot of the title heading recently.
As you may have noticed, quite a few posts have had quotes removed from their replies to a previous post. While this is a useful tool, there is no point in members continuing to quote the post immediately before their reply, it makes for hard reading to the point of reading the same post twice!
Quote a post from another page, or from another thread even but please consider why and if indeed you need to quote at all. House-keeping in the forum is a full time task so please help us (mod team) to keep it tidy.

Thankyou.

Most people have taken to this but it seems there are still a couple of members who fail to grasp the reasoning behind this action (See above post) and for that reason and for a limited period i am opening this thread for replies/response.
Also, UKCc has always had procedures for reporting posts and/or simply contacting admin/mods so please, if you have a gripe or a complaint use those procedures and let's avoid childish mud slinging in the open forums. Some of the posts verge on being personal and i would urge you to have a read at the forum rules. We do this to try and keep a smooth running forum and in general i think we do a fair job, if you disagree, step up!

Do we (Admin/mod team) really deserve to be placed in the Twat Dungeon?

...there is no point in members continuing to quote the post immediately before their reply, it makes for hard reading to the point of reading the same post twice!...
I agree there's rarely any need to quote the whole preceding post, sometimes when several points are raised in a post, it's necessary to quote just the point to which you are responding. Remember that you can freely edit the quoted text just like your own typing.

If that guidance is being followed, I think it's a little draconian to moderate such posts.
Also UKCc is generous in not closing posts for editing after a fixed time.
...for that reason and for a limited period i am opening this thread for replies/response.
thank-you.

...Do we (Admin/mod team) really deserve to be placed in the Twat Dungeon?
NO! That's not a dig at that poster, TTD thread is for whatever irks you.

Personally, I take all posts on my personal threads personal, they're for my personal property which I love sharing with you guys on a personal level.
And if you made it through all the personals, we've recently had a disagreement over one of mine which has been solved and I appreciate that. And if that's a part of the personal mudslinger part you're referring to then I appologize to you and anyone that had to read it. That wasn't the intent when responding to you. My american redneckary of english I think sometimes comes accross as me getting more upset then I actually am. I cant see actually tossing you guys up in the Dungeon for it though.
Is it just me or have conversations gotten shorter without quoting people though?