ULEZ the Ultra Low Emission Zone

nvingo

Club Member
Nov 15, 2015
King's Lynn
Fifth Gear tonight, article on the ultra low emission zone which from April 2019 will see 'polluting' or non-compliant vehicles banned from certain streets at certain times (initially in London of course).

The article said to check your vehicle on TFL.gov.uk/ULEZ

Quick rundown of results:
T241MOB 1999 Zetec, not compliant.
Dad's previous car, 2009 diesel 140 Mondeo, not compliant.
Dad's current car 2017 FORD EDGE TITANIUM TDCI, Compliant.
My Coug MV51HJZ Duratec auto, COMPLIANT.

Try your reg. here and report any interesting findings/anomalies.

V650 KHJ 2.5 V6 C1 - Non Complaint

NX51 NZZ 2.5 V6 C2 - Complaint

Could it be the 2544cc vs the 2495cc one?

But if anything C1 2544cc engine should have less emissions due to the EGR ? Or is it as the C1 has no offical emissions on the V5 but the C2 does? Or are the goverment just incompetent ( yeah its probally that :) )

Not all C1's had an EGR.

My C2 is not compliant despite having the 2495 engine.
My 220 is compliant.

Although my C2 was first registered in Germany in Sept 2001 DVLA have it as being first registered in Dec. 2000, thankfully, before the CO2 tax change in March 2001 hence there are no emission figures on it's V5.

Taken from the 'results' page on the above link:

Enforcement of the ULEZ will be based on the declared emissions of the vehicle rather than the age. Generally speaking, petrol cars that meet the emissions standards are those registered after 2005. However cars that meet the ULEZ standards have been available since 2000.

BLUUUUUUURP!

Can anybody spot the error here? S600 being my current car, S97 being my previous car.

S600 GAR Silver FORD COUGAR 2

You are not subject to the ULEZ.

You do not need to take any action. However, other charges may apply.

S97 XAV Silver FORD COUGAR

You are subject to the ULEZ.

From 8 April 2019 if you travel in the ULEZ you will need to pay the daily ULEZ charge. This is because your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ standards*.

BLUUUUUUURP!

Can anybody spot the error here? S600 being my current car, S97 being my previous car.
Same running gear, but as they don't have data for pre-2000 cars (C1) it's a blanket no, where they have data (C2) it's then considered on that data.

What they don't know.... and as you haven't changed the spec. or as you're allowed to, substitute original or similar equipment to keep a classic car running, what you don't have to tell them...

2012 Mondeo 2.0 diesel

2012 Fiesta 1.4 auto
You are not subject to the ULEZ. You do not need to take any action. However, other charges may apply.
2004 Jaguar XK8 4.2 litre
You are not subject to the ULEZ.
You do not need to take any action. However, other charges may apply.

V273 HRM (V6 C1)

You have the following options:

• Avoid driving by walking, cycling or using public transport. Plan your journey
  • Upgrade your vehicle to meet the required ULEZ standards
  • Pay the daily charge
  • If you are a car driver you can join a car club and rent a vehicle that is not subject to the ULEZ. Find out about Car Clubs
  • You may be eligible for an exemption or discount. These are detailed further down this page
  • Fitting emissions reduction technology. Find out more about retrofitting your van or minibus or your lorry, coach or larger vehicle

Or, my preferred option;
  • Stay away from London. Especially in a car....

X341ENK Goblin C1.5 ........You are subject to the ULEZ.

KY53TUH Fusion 1.4Tdci 2003.....

ACZ6001 Suzuki TL1000R '99.....

TGF296R Kate KZ400 '76...........
You are currently exempt from the ULEZ. Your vehicle does not meet the emission standards for ULEZ*. However, as of June 2017, its tax class means that it is exempt from the ULEZ.
However, from 8 April 2019, you may be charged to travel in the ULEZ if:

• Your tax class has changed since June 2017, or
  • Your tax class changes in the future
So the oldest bus in my fleet is exempt lol saweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! :LOL:

Interestingly if you car is tax exempt (VHI) then it would appear that you are exempt from the ULEZ. Looks like i will be driving the gas guzzling, polluting mustang if i want to drive in the ULEZ. Makes perfect sense.
You confirmed your vehicle as:
[FONT=&quot]JKJ82DBlue FORD[/FONT]
You are currently exempt from the ULEZ.
Your vehicle does not meet the emission standards for ULEZ*. However, as of June 2017, its tax class means that it is exempt from the ULEZ.