Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat...

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
...please put some underseal. On! Your! Cat!

*Floompf!*

l90ejsu.jpg

I'm seriously considering getting a cover and putting Wildcat into hibernation for the winter months - at least from when the gritters first appear. I can use whatever is the second car during that time.

I'm seriously considering getting a cover and putting Wildcat into hibernation for the winter months - at least from when the gritters first appear. I can use whatever is the second car during that time.

Good call John

I have bought a cover for the beast and Red lives in the garage

Tiger is my daily and although I'm fine with that, she needs to be looked after in the weather, even if she's not so pretty.

I think my opinion would be different if I'd put a few grand's worth of respray on her. That's why Jinxy has a warm and tidy house to snuggle up in when the weather is bad.

You've seen my cover right? Best thing I ever brought! Kept her well through last winter..
All I would say is give her a deep clean Inc under neath before storing

And you called me yesterday Chris for mentioning xmas ! :LOL:

LOL My friend, yours was the post that caused me to post this!

Mid-September is when I start to winterise with heavy wax on the body and wheels. I've since started to sort her belly too and that's the important stuff.

I'm wondering if I could get wheel arch liners in a different material instead of having stupid carpet wheel arch liners, Plastic might be an improvement!! As you say Chris Xmas is just round the corner I should know with being self-employed selling christmassy bits thou Neals yard remedies organic and my Candles. We need to protect our beloved cars specially during the winter months.

I'm wondering if I could get wheel arch liners in a different material instead of having stupid carpet wheel arch liners, Plastic might be an improvement!!

I have a feeling that Mart might agree with you there. It's what killed his missus' Puma.

I have a feeling that Mart might agree with you there. It's what killed his missus' Puma.

Yup - well, technically, an idiot van driver killed that Puma after we'd had some of the rot sorted out. It was only a matter of time though. I really need to get on with having a good look under the liners of her current one to make sure the same thing isn't happening again. Another job that's on the list...

Trouble is, the list never seems to get any shorter... :)

If you think that the job is ever done, you own the wrong car. But I don't for a minute think that you're bothered Mart!

And that's not a comment on the Cougar - it's about any motor more than 6 years old or... out of warranty. I had to roll up my sleeves to help fix a colleague's Audi A4 (B6 motor) at work to stop a coolant leak.

Now, for him this was a drama. But for me? Good fun.