new wheels

kittylover

Well-known user
Jun 15, 2012
North Warwickshire
After parting with kitty a few weeks ago, and not wanting to run the jag into the ground after spending so much on it, i have acquired a 2011 fiesta for a runaround. I was looking for a 1.4 petrol about 2010 age with no particular desires about the trim, but I ended up with a 1.4 Auto in titanium trim - a friend of a friend was selling it, they had it from new and were asking a price that it was stupid not to.
Good points - not abused; low mileage 33k; titanium trim
Bad points - 1 kerbed wheel still roadworthy but unslightly; automatic gearbox is quite a bit more sluggish than the manual; the rear view mirror includes the reversing camera screen but it's badly discoloured; and the normal odd little bit of paint that needs touching in, especially where he hooked a bike rack on the tailgateo_O

I have to say the reversing camera was an extra-cost option but is pretty superfluous because it's got rear park sensors fitted anyway. The mirror is badly degraded and it needs changing, I am guessing replacing it with a like-for-like unit from Ford will be a no-no financially.

Pics to follow in good time.

Here's the pic I promised
20180901_174956-1500.jpg

Gave it a good vac and interior clean at the weekend and cleaned the inside windows, they were filthy . . . much better now (y)

Although I have to say, I drove home from work yesterday and I did miss the V6 rumble and torque . . .

Here's the pic I promised
View attachment 11433

Gave it a good vac and interior clean at the weekend and cleaned the inside windows, they were filthy . . . much better now (y)

Can't really go wrong with the Fiesta, and the Titanium is the top spec? Must be a nice place to sit.

Although I have to say, I drove home from work yesterday and I did miss the V6 rumble and torque . . .

Surely the 1.4 though the auto 'box is comparable is it not?!

When i bought the Shed, I was looking at auto options too, but when they go wrong they are flippin expensive, glad i didn't tbh as the manual 1.4TDCi is loads better
Yeah, my father-in-law has a contact at a Ford dealer so we asked him about it and he reckoned these boxes were really good. This is the 1.4 petrol not TDCi.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't really go wrong with the Fiesta, and the Titanium is the top spec? Must be a nice place to sit.
its not bad at all, much higher than the Cougar
Surely the 1.4 though the auto 'box is comparable is it not?!
of course it is :LOL: