This is my absolute hatred of you. I wasn't even hungry.

Mako

Club Member
Feb 6, 2011
Milton Keynes
vpdODix.jpg

Mz0odmi.jpg

That's an adult male rat, around 8" long (minus the tail). Orri killed it, dragged it over the fence, and laid it down. Presumably for us to eat.

You might not like cats for themselves, (and to be fair they can be complete d*ckheads) but Orri and Frankie are our rodent eliminators and they work well together. Apparently while I was away yesterday, Fran beat the everloving hell out of a fox too.

And I kind of have to respect any animal brave enough to take on something that is capable of inflicting fatal injuries to it.

Good boys.

I watched Jack and Frankie beat up a heron that was threatening our pond once. Wonderful little creatures.

Okay, this is getting out of hand now. Our neighbours are at the edge of Linford Wood and seem to not understand that their compost bin is attracting rats.

We get at least two or three dead rats per day. It's got to the point that threy're not even bringing mowses home.

swJGSmk.jpg

Okay, this is getting out of hand now. Our neighbours are at the edge of Linford Wood and seem to not understand that their compost bin is attracting rats.

We get at least two or three dead rats per day. It's got to the point that threy're not even bringing mowses home.

I would guess that your neighbours think they are being clever by attempting to compost food items other than vegetable matter. We have had the same problem here. I don't know if it was laziness or perhaps our neighbours thought they could save the planet single handed, but we ended up overrun by rats. I assume that is why the recycling advice is as it is. See below :-

Compostables.jpg

We've got "silver" bins here that you can put anything in, including cooked meat. It goes off once a week to an industrial composter and we use the methane to power stuff.

I think that it's that they want to compost stuff the way that people used to here.

That's okay - we don't get live rats here - but the boys take their fill. It's just markedly worse than finding half a mouse at the bottom of the stairs.

That's an adult male rat, around 8" long (minus the tail). Orri killed it, dragged it over the fence, and laid it down. Presumably for us to eat.

Not a cat fan at all but, this is what i've grown up to understand: that they bring their "catch" home and present it to your door as a gift.
A good "ratter" cat is a gift in itself and for this reason i let the locals stray over the garden and around the sheds etc.

Still undecided whether this should be moved to "off topic" though ;)

There is nothing quite like a cat.

A dog will be loyal and will always look at you with love, and that's really wonderful. They're awesome companions and they have fully evolved to be alongside us. But a cat? A cat will only do this if it thinks you've earned it.

Seriously though, if you think this needs to be moved (not sure if you were kidding!) go for it, my friend.