Review: 5/5 Worx Hydroshot

The Amazon

Club Member
Jan 3, 2014
herefordshire
Needed a preasure washer but was fed up of running a water hose from the kitchen down the hall through the lounge into the garden and over a wall and out to my parking spot, plus an extension lead, so after buying a Worx one handed rechargable circular saw i looked at other items in the worx range, the hydroshot is a light preasure washer gun which takes the same battery as other worx items so no power cord, you can fit a hose to a tap but it works with a bucket, a rain butt, a pool even a soda bottle, it has a 20 foot hose with a filter in the end and a clip to fix on a bucket or float for deeper water, it has a short and long lance and a soap bowel, i used 2 buckets to wet the car and blast the wheels after alloy cleaner, a bucket to soap the car and 2 to rinse off, guide says half an hour battery life but mine had charge left when i finished, great item, fully portable and compact :)

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/y...=eae7263d1e2d555c4317625634d677a9&action=view

It does come with a folding bucket so sure you could fill it in the loo at a car show, but one of those large water containers that campers use would work (y)

I took the plunge and brought one of these, good bit of kit... probably wont use it as a replacement for the jetwash (didnt seem that powerful? But considering its running from a battery its definately worth it for shows and such.
Thanks Colin, appriciates your review :)

Depends what your after it for Alan?

i rarely and I mean rarely use mine now, I didn’t find it had the power to do anything....

But with that said, It’s good for a ‘quick’ rinse but not really for shifting grime

Those big 15Litre blue water dispenser bottles can be handy. You just need to figure out how the caps work. The lids are meant to be punctured when fitted to a cooler, but that can be overcome and the lids reused. Not that I would know of course cough, cough...

Angel_Bottles_Compressed.png

I got two 25 litre plastic water containers for about a £10, its easily enough water to snow foam the car, rince it off and do the wheels with alloy cleaner then rince, as far as pressure goes a lot of pressure washers are just too powerful, had paint lifted off before now by some of those petrol ones car washers use, mine gets frequent use especially in the mucky months as it's so easy to set up and use.

Al, I got one for myself for a little Christmas prezzy and i think it's just about powerful enough to do most jobs i.e under wheel arches, wheel cleaning oh and house windows. best if you can use it on a hose I find. More expensive than a cheapo jet washer, but I think it's more usable in most conditions. I use mine a couple of times a month.