Picked this up today.....any thoughts.....

Franspeed

Well-known user
Feb 23, 2014
Nottinghamshire
So, I picked this up today, was previously on fleabay and local to me, but I missed the end of the auction, apparently the auction ended with a "sale" but the buyer never came forward.... I was looking through my fleabay account and thought I would just check to see what was on there and sent the seller an e mail to see if the sale had gone through, and guess what, it hadn't due to the above buyer never coming forward, so after a brief chat, viewing and test drive, I am now the new owner of another ebony cat....(y)

It has got the ST200 UIM, green injectors (he says) and ST airbox along with the ST170 alloys with almost new tyres, (which is something I was looking for anyway) also has the upgraded mk3 mondy front brake set up, twin exit exhaust system, so for the price I paid I think I got a bargain, it is mot'd until Sep 18, drives nice, has a few little niggles, abs light is on the dash, coolant light is also on, but comes and goes, same as on my other cat, though there is coolant in the resevoir, paint is dull and will need plenty of tlc to bring out its former glory.

jc7ci4q.jpg

VCzBE30.jpg

y6S1vZQ.jpg

jiOfj6P.jpg

Well done on your purchase, she looks nice :)

Im sure you already know the coolant light being on is more of a 'feature' than a problem, just bridge the connector and dont worry about it again ;)

Is it just the ABS light that is on or is it the traction control light too?

Looks to be a good buy, Ebony's look great when they are all polished up. Is it me, or do I recognise that reg? Could it be an old members coug?

Well done on the new acquisition Paul. (y)

Looks to be a good buy, Ebony's look great when they are all polished up. Is it me, or do I recognise that reg? Could it be an old members coug?

Tim, there are 4 V---LNO's in the reg. list but that one isn't among them.

Pretty kitty (in the photos at least) but that nearside arch rot says to me that the sponges are still present in the rear and water has got into the seam between the inner and outer skins.

Because - as per Tony Topcat - they're not end-sealed and no matter what you do, you're going to be chopping and welding if you want to keep this car. Time to take a toffee hammer to the underside next to the trailing arm and be prepared to SORN her.

Sorry to be a downer - after all it was worth it just for the wheels and tyres - but be prepared.

Also: Why is there an ECU sitting in the pax footwell? Has he done something crazy to get that ST200 lump running as an ST200?

Well spotted Chris, the ecu is from a st200 that the previous owner gave me as a few spares he had, will also check the dreaded sponges too...

good call on the sensors Paul, I will check them out, also any idea what number fuse I need to check behind the glove box for the abs?