New cat

Relliott6879

Club Admin
Jul 5, 2009
Fleetwood
Or, more specifically, new cats. OK, a bit twee putting this in 'New Owners', but it was either that 'Post a pic of your cat here'!

Ladies and jellyspoons of UKC, may I have the honour to introduce you to Felix and Lottie, who are on a one-week home trial with us from the Save Gibraltar Street Cats charity, with a view to potential adoption.

Lottie (black) is 12 months old, from a street cat litter and was adopted virtually at birth. The same lady recently took on 11 month old Felix and, while he is not actually a street cat himself (we believe he was a pet who's humans weren't in a position to take him with them when they moved) has now had to be re-homed again due to her daughter unfortunately finding herself violently allergic to him. In their time together, the two bonded so tightly that Lottie's owner felt it unfair to separate them.

Only arriving this evening, they are both understandably a little nervous of us and their new surroundings, but are exploring the flat with vigour and calling to eachother as they discover things and they both became noticeably more at ease once we'd fed them.

The coming week will tell if these beautiful creatures accept us as their new peoples, but suffice to say that Joanne and I are already besotted. :)

20180516_193928.jpg

20180516_194257.jpg

20180516_194516.jpg

20180516_202654.jpg

20180516_201055.jpg

20180516_201424.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. Cat fan here too, although our rescue cat prefers to communicate with claws, and that's after 8 years or so.

They seem really well settled :D

Mark has a couple of cats he could have sent you! :LOL:

So, no more "NotMyCat" :LOL:

Not a cat person myself, but hope they settle in and choose you as their humans (y)

"My sofa now" :LOL:

Why am I reading that in a 'League of gentleman' voice? :LOL: Incidentally, this picture was taken just after Joanne had evicted him from the kitchen worktop for the umpteenth time, whereupon he dashed over to the sofa and promptly sat in her seat! She shifted him from there so he cuddled up to me instead. :D

give it time and you will surprised what they do.. for instance our cat puff will tap you on the face 5 mins before the alarm goes off for work..how shes knows is a mystery.. but i get this and my wife then she maffs u to wake up..you open your eyes to see a big cat face right up to your nose:LOL:

Why am I reading that in a 'League of gentleman' voice? :LOL: Incidentally, this picture was taken just after Joanne had evicted him from the kitchen worktop for the umpteenth time, whereupon he dashed over to the sofa and promptly sat in her seat! She shifted him from there so he cuddled up to me instead. :D

It was written in that voice! :LOL:

Missed this yesterday. Well done to you and Joanne, Rich! You're obviously smitten, and they obviously know they've got it good.

To me, there's nothing better than a rescue animal... except maybe two rescue animals.

give it time and you will surprised what they do.. for instance our cat puff will tap you on the face 5 mins before the alarm goes off for work..how shes knows is a mystery.. but i get this and my wife then she maffs u to wake up..you open your eyes to see a big cat face right up to your nose:LOL:

Yep! My two will do exactly the same thing, (though Frankie is bolder about it than Orri is). Paw to the face, or whatever extremity is sticking out of the duvet, followed by a gentle *flex* of the claws.

I look over, and it's 06:39. One minute until the alarm is due to go off.

They've done this for so long that I've forgotten what my alarm actually sounds like.

Missed this yesterday. Well done to you and Joanne, Rich! You're obviously smitten, and they obviously know they've got it good.

To me, there's nothing better than a rescue animal... except maybe two rescue animals.

Yep! My two will do exactly the same thing, (though Frankie is bolder about it than Orri is). Paw to the face, or whatever extremity is sticking out of the duvet, followed by a gentle *flex* of the claws.

I look over, and it's 06:39. One minute until the alarm is due to go off.

They've done this for so long that I've forgotten what my alarm actually sounds like.

All this talk of feline alarm clocks reminds me of this :LOL: