New Cougar Owner in North Wales

astranaut

Active user
Apr 24, 2018
North Wales
Hi guys, names Sam, Just picked up my first Cougar (zetec). Was an MOT failure a half hour away from being picked up by the scrap man, set of discs/pads and a sill patch later it's got a clean bit of health. All I've done so far is a dam good clean but I know literally nothing about these, although was at the motor show when it was launched when I was about 8, and have been a fan since. Got a few Leds to stick in, how do the rear plate lights come out? Cant see a clip and dont want ti go all bull in a china shop on them :LOL:.
Any way have a couple of pics

full

full

Hi Sam and welcome to UKCOUGAR.club.
She looks a fine example. The number plate lights have a lever/clip at one end. Squeeze it in towards the lamp body and pull down but don't be surprised if the clip breaks, they tend to get brittle over the years.

Thanks for the welcome guys, Just waiting for PayPal to reset my password and I'll get membership, looks worth it for the wealth of knowledge. Re theplate lights, the clips must have already broken off, there's nothing there hence me asking, so I'll do a bit of prison :)

Hello and welcome. Nice save you made there, stopping another example from going the scrappies.

I've been active on here a few months now and it's a great place to be for advice and tips. Seriously, my membership here has been utterly invaluable. (y)

Get a project thread started and you'll be away!

Welcome to the asylum Sam. In here, nobody can hear you scream.

Nice one, looks like you saved a tidy one from the crusher. Did someone say "Project Thread"? o_O

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Will get a diary thread on the go when I've done more than clean it:D am I right in thinking there was an option for a parcel shelf mounted rear blind for these? If so I take it they're like hens teeth?

If seen at least one. Maybe two but it may have been the same car. People here enjoy a nice clean on the cars too so you dont have to do anything to it. On a 20 ish year old car cleaning is the best mod you can do to them at times. Welcome to the club. Lots of knowledgeable people here. I'm still hoping I can come up with projects and mods even half as cool as some here.

From a fellow Ebony owner - and scrapper rescuer - welcome aboard!

I don't know what your cleaning regime is like, but I strongly recommend Poor Boys Black Hole. My girl isn't very pretty and needs serious paint correction (read that as, "a respray") but the stuff works beautifully.

Oh, and definitely get a project thread up; we love seeing progress and changes. Plus if you look at some of the other threads in that section, you might see some neat mods that you might like to do yourself.