never say never but for now

mmikey82

Well-known user
Jul 17, 2009
manchester
I have not been on much recently due to work and other problems and even let my membership lapse, i had to go abroad to sort out something at very short notice but then managed to get to Lanzarote to chill out with family and finally get some much needed rest. But now i am back rested and have renewed my membership so thought i would update you on what i have been up to-
As some know just before Christmas i found the wifes dream car , a grey mini convertible . Now because we already had a JCW i wanted the same spec and this one ticked all the boxes and came fully loaded.Our other JCW was just too good a car to trade in so as you know i kept it and decided to sell the frosty, i never really got over selling my ebony (for the wrong reason) and decided i needed a change and to be honest i have started to enjoy driving again.I am still looking at cougars but i have decided that if i go down that route again then it will be a restoration and i have started a fund already but i think as i near retirement then that would be the best time for such a project.
Any way a few pics of the Minis first the wifes
20180218_112833.jpg20180218_112905.jpg
I dont know why they have side loaded
and now mine
20180218_112825.jpg20180218_112853.jpg
i added stripes to mine and the wife loved them so we ended up with matching
20180223_142718.jpg
and a new induction kit also added
20180326_162839.jpg20180326_162845.jpg
this uses the hood scoop and improves the throttle response vastly.
My mini is a lot faster than the wifes but hers has all the toys but both are a joy to drive, in fact the only down side is the dreams of owning a Mustang for now are out of the window .
Hope to see some of you in the not too distant future (y)(y)(y)

Nice to see you back with us and glad things are going well. Im sure any restoration you do will be a good job judging by your frosty i am now lucky to own its probably quickest one ive ever owned and drives well.

Nice to see you back with us and glad things are going well. Im sure any restoration you do will be a good job judging by your frosty i am now lucky to own its probably quickest one ive ever owned and drives well.
Glad to hear your happy with it (y)

- - - Updated - - -

Great to hear from you Mike, and those Minis look the business.
The wifes has even got mood lighting, but it doesn't work :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice Mike, not a fan of the BMW minis but the JCW is stupidly fast and very difficult to keep up with on a twisty road

i would imagine any car you own will be better than when it left the factory

I don't care what you're driving Mike as long as you and your family are in good health and you stick around;)
Remember its bacon that truly binds us together ;)

Having said that those are two very fancy cars! Nice one :)

My problem with another cougar at the moment is storage, I want one as a long term project and i do mean loooooooong term so i can really get stuck in BUT as some will know my garage is not big enough.
I have thought about knocking down my garage to give me access to the back garden and to build a very large double garage at the back with maybe even a four point lift - I need to measure if i can get a car round as the access narrows and most important I need to run it by her indoors for approval. I even thought about making it like a large summer house so its not unsightly :)
I would not have these problems if the local council would sell me the land adjacent to mine , theres loads of room on there

Nice to see you back mate qand looking for another Cat. Tim's Ebony is for sale.
Not any longer, it's not, as now sold to.....John.

Mike, those are two stunning Mini's. Although like Rik, not a fan of BMW Mini's, prefer the original Mini, especially the John Cooper Special. Used to have a little Mini GT and loved it, would love one day to own another one.

Just wanted to chime in that it's great to hear from you, Mike.

Subscriber or not, Cougar owner or not, I don't care; You're a great guy.