Pic request - C2 Lights in black / C1 frosty

catbus

Well-known user
Jul 1, 2008
Anyone have any photos of C2 lights which have been opened and sprayed black?

Also a pic of regular chromed C2 lights fitted to a C1 frosty?

I need to decide which to go with, did a search but can't find many pics thanks to photobucket being...

I was going to leave them intact, but 1 is in excellent condition, the other is really cloudy on the outer/inner lense and chrome section.
I think maybe the back cover hasn't been fitted on properly, letting in grit and spiders etc.. so I'll have to split it anyway to get in there and clean it up. They look too odd to go on as-is.
Cheers :beer:

Here you go mate. I haven't found the pic of Andy's yet, but Al's with the C1 front bumper works just as well for what you've asked.

hw2UzMi.jpg

Thanks guys, They both look good, chrome looks more modern, the black looks more aggressive.
Im heading more towards the black look atm, it looks fierce :devilish:
Whats the safest/best way of splitting them open? really don't wanna ruin them.

Thanks catbus was looking for ideas for mine so this is a help. Im undecided what to with them tint them or paint insides, same with rears dunno if to tint or get masks. Andy how was the car at mot time with reg plate so low, i do like that look.

Phil, the letters on the reg. plate are the correct size and the height off the floor didn't appear to worry my tester; unfortunately the same couldn't be said for the rear plate with the hexagonal backing pattern. :censored:
I kept a pair of 'normal' plates in the boot just in case. (y)

Cheers Andy. That's a nice cat, are they the wheels that's on mine now?

No Geoff, although they are similar. You have the 'RS Motorsport' 17's which were originally chromed.
These are AXE EX3's which finished-up in anthracite.

IMG_0605.JPG

Im undecided what to with them tint them or paint insides

Tinting them would be a lot easier than spaying the insides, but I think it's illegal to do headlights? (more than the rears)