Trip to Oxford to view possible FREE cougars

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
A strange one this so please be patient with me.

I have been notified of several cougars in need of removal from a site in Oxford. Andy notified me of this but since he is working unsociable hours atm i agreed to negotiate.
The land owner wants these cars gone asap and makes it clear this is not a breakers yard so they are not for picking over, they must be removed as complete cars so maybe towing/trailering will be involved.
The photos i have seen are of :

1 frosty zetec (which i will be especially interested in). FREE
1 Frosty V6 with a wrecked boot lid. FREE
1 Ebony kitted V6. FREE?

As i understand it there are a further two cougars but info is very thin on these so i have emailed the guy for more info with the view of some of us making the trip to see if these cars are actually worth taking away.
Do you have storage space to either fix one up or break one?
Can we hire a trailer as cheap as possible?

Do you live close to Oxford or the area to go take a look for us?
I'll post more info as i receive it but i would like to get some idea of genuine interest and arrange days for possible viewing.
Meanwhile:

Click images to enlarge.
P1050126.jpgFord Cougar V6 Harwell.jpgFord cougar pangbourne.jpg

I have room for one especially the ebony its just transport thats the issue, bugger ! Happy to contribute to costs if it would be worth it.

Theres a lot to think about here, transport cost is the main one, storage another, breaking or keeping another and also time scale.
I have room for one for an unlimited period to do up or i could accommodate all five for a short period of time to strip but that would require a lot of members coming to my house and really getting stuck in and taking no longer than a week.
I hate to think what transport costs would be from oxford to manchester.
Al i will help anyway i can once you formulate a plan

ps I have asked about shipping costs and am awaiting answer

OR maybe Will would be the better bet ?

Last edited:
Oxford is only half an hour from here, so I could come and kick the tyres and see what's what. I just wouldn't be able to transport one! I could probably store one but it would be legally dodgy (if they don't have MOTs) because that semi-circle in front of the green at my house is technically sort of public highway.

Does the land owner own all these cars and does he have all the logbooks?
Just worried that if we cart all these away it will be theft.

I'm glad we've got people like you around. I had just assumed that if he had the keys, he must have the V5Cs as well...

Update:

I've just received this email.

Hello Alan,
You are correct that both of the cars that need to go ASAP will require a trailer, as they have both been off the road for some time. And even with trade plates, driving them any distance after been stood for such a long time would be a risky proposition I wouldn't be prepared to take.

A more precise location on these cars is Ardington (approx 1 mile off of the A417 Wantage road).

I understand that the owner of these cars has keys and logbooks for both of them.

I might be available this weekend to take some more detailed photos, are there any particular areas of interest on these cars (such as known corrosion areas?).

If you could organise something this weekend I could possibly arrange to meet any interested persons at the site.

So guys, if anyone can get down there simply to check them over and judge the feasibility of moving them at a later date. We're not expected to move anything right away as arrangements and legalities obviously need sorting.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

So guys, if anyone can get down there simply to check them over and judge the feasibility of moving them at a later date. We're not expected to move anything right away as arrangements and legalities obviously need sorting.

Right then - I reckon I'm up for this, possibly tomorrow (note that we're about to catch the tail end of what's left of Hurricane Gertie on Sunday...).

So what we need is:

1) A show of hands.

2) An address.

3) Contact telephone number so we/I don't just rock up on this blokes manor and start poking around.

If we can get those three things sorted I reckon we're on.

Right then - I reckon I'm up for this, possibly tomorrow (note that we're about to catch the tail end of what's left of Hurricane Gertie on Sunday...).

So what we need is:

1) A show of hands.

2) An address.

3) Contact telephone number so we/I don't just rock up on this blokes manor and start poking around.

If we can get those three things sorted I reckon we're on.
Awaiting all the above info now. [emoji106]

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Good find, Ricky. Well done.

Now we just need to find someone with a trailer hitch, and somewhere to hide them.

My only concern is that the email response that Al got refers to "both" cars. We all know there's more than two, so... how many does he need rid of?

I think these questions might get answered once we see the guy in person.

Maybe he said both because he somehow decided to ship the third to me so I can have the steering wheel on the right side?????
One can dream right?

LOL I swear...

If you're serious though, you can get a car across the Atlantic in an ISO container for maybe $650. What you pay in tax is a different question.

And of course you guys with all your freedom aren't allowed to import a car less than 25 years old (LOL Skyline R34). Might not apply to a Cougar since it was sold there, but I bet it is.

LOL I swear...

If you're serious though, you can get a car across the Atlantic in an ISO container for maybe $650. What you pay in tax is a different question.

And of course you guys with all your freedom aren't allowed to import a car less than 25 years old (LOL Skyline R34). Might not apply to a Cougar since it was sold there, but I bet it is.
I just need one of you fine chaps to cut it in half for me. Then its importing parts [emoji2].

This really is an awesome find though guys great job.

Good find, Ricky. Well done.

Now we just need to find someone with a trailer hitch, and somewhere to hide them.

My only concern is that the email response that Al got refers to "both" cars. We all know there's more than two, so... how many does he need rid of?

I think these questions might get answered once we see the guy in person.

Chris, the two Frostys are at the Oxford address and he wants rid of them asap.
The black one and, I believe, two others(details unknown) are at an address in Pangbourne, Berks. and their removal is not desperate. From the information I received initially the two others aren't free but will be 'cheap'.