• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2017

Got home late last night. Cougarfest was as usual an awesome weekend. Great fun with great friends and I even managed to make a new friend in Chris ( burgie ) whom I hope to see at Scotfest next year. Fun and games stripping the C1 for Will, what a bunch of nutters we are. If you can't shift it with a spanner, hit it with a hammer or an angle grinder or even a pair of really good garden shears. That is not normally the way we work, but, all this car needed was stripping and all done in an afternoon. A big thank you to Mo for the Nyama Choma, it was great and I think everyone who tried it thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks also goes to Tony for his BBQ skills and to Will for his hosting prowess and to everyone else who turned up to make it the weekend it was.
I am truly honoured to be the recipient of the prestigious Chris Adams Award. I honestly thought that Tony ( topcat ) would have been the recipient this year, but, as soon as Paul ( shirtyzeus ) started his speech, I realised that it was me and was totally gobsmacked. I love this club so much and that is why I travel thousands of miles each year to be part of it. I have made a lot of great friends over the years and really enjoy catching up with everyone as and when I can. Long may it continue. After leaving Fest, I headed down to my Brothers in Bristol for a visit and spent some time assisting him with some renovation work in his hall. As he was working at the museum on Thursday, I decided it was time to get away and headed over to Wisbech to pick up a tailgate from Norman ( nvigo ) on my way home. A long drive from Bristol in a very uncomfortable vehicle led me to phone Uncle Al and ask if he would like a visitor for the evening, certainly was his reply, to which I was really thankful. Sitting having a blether with Alan, we got on to the subject about what I was doing with my car. I told him that almost everything going back on to the underside was brand new apart from the rear calipers and that I had got a web address from Matt for new calipers for 59 quid each. Alan said, " I have a pair of new calipers in the shed that you can have. I jumped at the offer and offered him 120 quid, but, he managed to barter me down to 100 quid, so, we were both happy with that. Thank you so much to Alan and Vonny for putting me up on Thursday evening and allowing my back to recover from the long arduous drive and thank you to everyone who voted for me as the recipient of the Chris Adams award. It will take pride of place in my living room beside all my other two trophies and will be well looked after. I feel honoured to be the recipient.

Glad you got home safe Dick! Bet Enterprise was shocked with the mileage on their Van haha (y)
I think its all been covered on the award, but it couldnt have gone to a better Gent, from Scotfest to MFSM/Meets... you are always putting alot into this club! If you are ever stuck this way you are always welcome here!