• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2017

poose

Events Co-Ordinator
Club Moderator
Jun 19, 2012
Haydock
Hi all its that time of year to organize the fest which I will be coordinating this year.

I would welcome suggestions from all members who plan attend and camp at this years event as to where you would like it to take place and to what dates.

Wil has kindly offered his facilities again for this year and is an option, can you kindly post up any other suggestions asap and if needs be we can hold a poll to decide when and where.

As soon as we have set this I will get sorted booking it.

Link to last years thread - https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/29175-Cougarfest-2016

Wil has got back to me on dates and he has 14th-16th July and all w/e's in August available I will put a poll up for you to vote on best date but please only vote if you plan to camp at the event. Prices to be sorted when date agreed.

Date to be 14-16th July for this years fest

Probables - camping

Tatt -fri night
Mako - fri & sat night Confirmed
Burgie - fri &sat night confirmed
Mrs ginja - fri & sat night confirmed
D1CKL - fri & sat night Confirmed
Topcat1127- fri & sat night Confirmed
Nvingo - sat & sun night

Flamencoassassin - staying in cottage fri,sat & poss sunday night.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking this on, Poose.

For my part, I really don't mind where it happens as long as we get a great crowd. Having said that - and although one of the Northamptonshire sites would technically be more convenient - I will gladly enter my vote that we take Wil up on his lovely offer.

Last year's was the best I have ever been to.

Thanks for taking this on, Poose.

For my part, I really don't mind where it happens as long as we get a great crowd. Having said that - and although one of the Northamptonshire sites would technically be more convenient - I will gladly enter my vote that we take Wil up on his lovely offer.

Last year's was the best I have ever been to.

Thanks Mako, Im happy to sort wherever but wont be putting forward suggestions as if I attend I will be finding B&B close by, too old now for that camping lark but agree it doesnt matter where as long as its a good crowd.

Thanks Mako, Im happy to sort wherever but wont be putting forward suggestions as if I attend I will be finding B&B close by, too old now for that camping lark but agree it doesnt matter where as long as its a good crowd.

Totally understand. But as it happens, there are far more B&Bs and coaching inns close to Wil's than there are to Grendon.

Since i was unable to attend last years Fest, and from the feedback we had from wils place, i'd be happy to go along with that but as Paul said above, i'd be ok with pretty much anywhere.

What about a bit closer to Scotland? Just asking.
All suggestions welcome Dick, it has been suggested moving it about yearly so everyone gets a nearby one, if we can get as many suggestions as possible to areas and possible sites plus rough dates we could put them to a vote by the end of the week.

How about tenby south wales lol save me some fuel lol may hurt most ur guys pockets though i defo be comeing even if i drive the insignia lol

That is the problem with a lot of members here, they want everything at their doorstep before they commit to attending. Show a bit of loyalty to the club and attend meets wherever they are. I travel thousands of miles every year for club meets and MFSM's and do not bother about it, why, because I love this club and have made loads of great friends over the years of being a member.

Like i said i be comeing if only for a day trip and in my insignia but hope it in cougar you make dates guys i book em off as long as not on hols somewhete else lol

Like i said i be comeing if only for a day trip and in my insignia but hope it in cougar you make dates guys i book em off as long as not on hols somewhete else lol

Doesn't matter what you turn up in. Great if you can manage a Cougar, but if not? It's brilliant if you can come along and support the forum.

Unfortunately dick, due to the financial climate, that'll not happen, you really are one of the lucky ones

This! The biggest bone of contention with Fest has always been location. Closely followed by costs. For a weekend, with a majority England based member list, it can be a huge expense. 10 years ago, when people were paying thousands to buy a Cougar, it was probably less of a focus on the expense. Also, there's not 30 plus cars attending any more, regardless of whether or not they're Cougars. Not being a negative Nelly, it's just how things are. Moving it around the UK is only going to reduce those numbers further because there will always be those people for whom it is economically not viable.

It's never going to please everyone and it's never going to have as full an attendance it can if you move it around each year. Just being a realist vs optimist. Steadily, the numbers have dropped each year since its inception. Maybe by one or two but it's enough. Fest 2006 I think at its busiest on the Saturday, there were over 40 cars including one from Italy (I think they were at Billing by coincidence that weekend but parked with us?)

If a member is offering a facility to host the event at minimal cost to the members, that should be the new "home" of Fest as it were. Where better than a facility provided by a serious enthusiast with some of the rarest of cars this club has seen?

Dick, your efforts are unparalleled. I'd go so far as to say, you are the most committed member this club has ever had [emoji4]Unfortunately, the fact is that everyone is not fortunate enough to be able to make the monumental journeys that you do. Your efforts and success with Scotfest should stay exactly as it is, an independent event to the main Fest. Gives people 2 chances to make it to a Fest [emoji1417]

The subject does seem to have opened up a good debate but looks like opinions are leaning towards using Wils facilities again, are there any more ideas and do you want options putting to a vote. Any suggestions as well as to dates for it. Link below to thread Will started re fest and thanks Andy for closing thread to avoid confusion.

https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/30252-Fest-2017?p=529443#post529443

Last edited:
Any more thoughts on this years Fest on how members would like it to proceed.