• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Challenge Fest!

TopCat1127

Club Member
Sep 25, 2006
Middle of a field..........nr Huntingdon
Not sure if anyones up for some old school Fest shenanigans lol but amongst the usuallly errrrr interesting things that we normally get up to, but if anyone fancies getting their mitts dirty or just plain hurling abuse while learning summat lol i'll be attempting to update my driveshafts for some nice fresh ones that i have purchased, as well as valeting the hell out of it whilst i'm there, especially the bonnet if i can!!

So any free hands or just words of intricate wisdom will be muchly appreciated lmfao looking forward to this :):beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:o_O:LOL::LOL::LOL:

ps if you've got any of your own then tag along and post em up

oh and i'll be dragging along a couple of boxes of spares if anybody needs owt

I plan to put up an extra Marquee for Fest so should be extra dry space if needed... (but hope the sun will shine!)
Really looking forward to it, let's make it a record turn out.

I am currently doing all I can to get the 3.0l Beast here for Fest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Replacements Al, picked up a couple of refurbs, still need to verify spline quantity tho, only thing is the rusty ones i have in the shed i'm not sure if they are manual or not, and the relucter rings are wrong, they have the chunky ali ones so hoping i can fit the steel pressed ones

Right, so i've verified the driveshafts as best i can, and they look the part even tho the reluctor rings are different, they are overall the same dia. with the same amount of spacings, so all good! I'll be chucking in a boxfull of bits n bobs just in case, and my spare wishbones once i've painted them....also for justin lol
I'll be bringing a TV which has built in DTV and DVD so if anybody wants to bring any to watch while you're chillin, then you're more than welcome, also managed to sort the awning out too, tho i've just ordered some new clamps, but should be delivered in time.

Shopping list for loading up is growing lmfao
Tools
Sunroof
Driveshafts
Wishbones
Box of spares

If anybody needs owt else gimme a shout and i'll add it on lol

Replacements Al, picked up a couple of refurbs, still need to verify spline quantity tho, only thing is the rusty ones i have in the shed i'm not sure if they are manual or not, and the relucter rings are wrong, they have the chunky ali ones so hoping i can fit the steel pressed ones

Sorry chaps, no idea how i missed these posts. I can tell you 100% the V6 and Zetec shafts are identical. I actually have a V6 shaft in my drivers side. I can confirm spline count and shaft diameter if you still need the info Tony.

Al, do we have a new banner for Fest?

No we havn't replaced it yet will. We don't usually use it for fest anyway.

I may bring my ST200 UIM & TB for peep's to help me fit it, although still to find an ST200 airbox, as can't be bothered with the hassle of playing about with an aftermarket Viper Induction kit, as don't want to me making holes or trying to thread tubing into gaps that weren't built for it. Anyway, that is if...and only if she passes her MOT before Fest, otherwise we will be bringing my new Mondy Titanium X Sport.

I may bring my ST200 UIM & TB for peep's to help me fit it, although still to find an ST200 airbox, as can't be bothered with the hassle of playing about with an aftermarket Viper Induction kit, as don't want to me making holes or trying to thread tubing into gaps that weren't built for it. Anyway, that is if...and only if she passes her MOT before Fest, otherwise we will be bringing my new Mondy Titanium X Sport.

Everything is already there on the viper kit Tim. No making holes or threading tubing into gaps needed. It is almost plug and play.

Don't forget a new set of UIM gaskets Tim [emoji6][emoji1417]

Thanks Kully, yes, already have these, in fact I bought them before I even got the ST200 UIM LOL!!! Just been sat in my garage...for ever, as you know it takes me a month...oh, alright a year of Sunday's to get anything done lol!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Everything is already there on the viper kit Tim. No making holes or threading tubing into gaps needed. It is almost plug and play.

What about where the tubing meets the front grille? I'm sure others have had to pass the piping (for cold air) through next to the wheel arch and they had to remove the wheel arch liner in order to do it? or is this not the case?

as you know it takes me a month...oh, alright a year of Sunday's to get anything done lol!!!

Man after my own heart. I'd sooner work on someone else's car than my own. Case in point, I need new rear drop links, and have done for about 3 months.

What about where the tubing meets the front grille? I'm sure others have had to pass the piping (for cold air) through next to the wheel arch and they had to remove the wheel arch liner in order to do it? or is this not the case?

You don't have to take that approach; if this is the usual enclosed Viper, (as opposed to the open-cone Vector) it will happily take a feed from wherever. Including the original snorkel, though obviously you would need to modify the ducting to fit that weird shape

Man after my own heart. I'd sooner work on someone else's car than my own. Case in point, I need new rear drop links, and have done for about 3 months.

You don't have to take that approach; if this is the usual enclosed Viper, (as opposed to the open-cone Vector) it will happily take a feed from wherever. Including the original snorkel, though obviously you would need to modify the ducting to fit that weird shape

I ran mine past the fuse box into the wing. I have never had an issue with it at all in well over 7 years of having it installed on my car. The only thing I had to do was remove the inner wing cold air feed plastic thingy so I could then place the one with the viper into the hole. It was dead easy.