UKCougar...club?

Well done for getting us back online with a new provider Mark.

Sorry to put a downer on the change to .club URL but isn't changing this going to create lot of hassle that we don't need?

Will all of the (now dead) inter-page links be changed easily? I remember when we switched forum software and changed from .com to .org a lot of these links went dead and just got forgotten about. You'd use the search feature and find a topic with a link to another forum page with the answer you were looking for, only to discover a dead link.

There may be dead links on other sites (e.g. NECO) which we have no control over.

Will all our member discount providers all be updated with the new URL?

Club stickers has been mentioned, will those that have recently forked out for a .org sticker be happy to fork out again or will replacements be provided from club funds (which I'm sure could be spent on something more worth while).

We'll need a new club banner - another waste of club funds.

Yes we had the dead links before but so far i havn't found or stumbled onto any. Can i suggest any found be reported?

See my post above re the mass emails to all members.

Club stickers is not an issue other than the inconvenience of removal and replacement and existing members will not be out of pocket as the club will provide foc to those members.

Discussions have been ongoing for some time re the new club sails etc. This was purposely postponed as we knew the host change and possible domain change may also be on the horizon. The banner we will have to "fix" temporarily.

Personally, i prefer the ".club" domain. We are after all a club and not an organisation. (y)

No email but thanks to chris on facebook i found the .club and i think we should keep it..just sounds better.

As for any dead links....just change the .org to .club then they work.

Pages load up much faster and even my rubbish surface rt likes the new server...the old site was just really buggy with the rt..

Thanks to all involved for yet again saving my favourite site..

Thanks to the admin for sorting this out. After the last outage I realised something was up and just waited, lo and behold the e-mail arrived with new domain information.
Personally I have no preference for .club or other, so whatever is the most popular amongst others is fine by me.

Cheers

I received an e-mail on 22nd April, from the address noreply@ukcougar.club
I assume this was what Al sent.

Cheers

I believe the first attempt at a bulk email failed due to a restriction on the server which has now been rectified.

I didn't receive neither the first or second attempt at a bulk email.
However, on the 22nd I received my first two PMs via the .club site. The first, I had no email notification but the second and all PMs since I have received emails.

For those that don't use facebook and haven't found .club by other means, maybe another bulk email would be a good idea?

Don't want to cause Alan any work overload but any ideas when the new .club stickers will be sent out..

If it's a cost issue im happy to pay the few quid for correct ones.

Looks odd havin .org in the window now..