Review: 5/5 Zero swirl polishing pad pic heavy

mmikey82

Well-known user
Jul 17, 2009
manchester
I have been using these pads for quite a while now so decided to write a review.
Bought from Machine Mart for £11.98 for two https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/flexipads-150mm-6-zero-swirl-foam-pad-red-x/ they are very easy to use and because you use them at slow speed they are ideal for the beginner, and do exactly like they say and leave no swirl marks.
zero swirl 013.jpg
Gave the Audi a wash and polish today using this pad and a bit of Auto Glym resin polish ,still not as shiney as the cougar but its getting there
zero swirl 005.jpg
zero swirl 006.jpg
zero swirl 007.jpg
zero swirl 011.jpg

I knew it wouldn't take you long to start turning this one into a mirror too! I swear, I'm turning up at your house one day with a blue Cougar, a pack of bacon and a winning smile. :)

I knew it wouldn't take you long to start turning this one into a mirror too! I swear, I'm turning up at your house one day with a blue Cougar, a pack of bacon and a winning smile. :)
Any time Rich your always welcome.
Forgot to mention these pads are very fine and soft so can only be used for a final polish and not compounding (y)

That is looking sweet, those pads seem to be a good buy. The pad I got with my DA are useless, so have been looking at buying some decent one's. May give these a go. Nice work matey.

Thanks all, sometime this year i will be sanding the whole car because Audi paintwork is **** , its covered in orangepeel effect and it bugs the life out of me . I know its not a cougar but i will show how i do it and hopefully give a few of you a couple of tips on how to make the best of your cars paintwork

- - - Updated - - -

That is looking sweet, those pads seem to be a good buy. The pad I got with my DA are useless, so have been looking at buying some decent one's. May give these a go. Nice work matey.
There are so many pads for sale its hard to know what to buy but you cant really do any damage with these ones thats why i like them

Outstanding work, and thank you for the recommendation - I'll give these a go. Get Tiger pretty if it kills me.

...because Audi paintwork is **** , its covered in orangepeel effect and it bugs the life out of me.

You're not wrong mate, ours is just the same. It's coming to something when you can clearly see orangepeel on a white car, you'd think on a supposed 'premium' brand that there'd be a high enough standard of production and quality control for this not to happen.