Paisley freight

mmikey82

Well-known user
Jul 17, 2009
manchester
Has anyone ever sent alloy wheels plus tyres by Paisley Freight, there website says covered in bubble wrap and then covered in cardboard but i have only just sold them (7.00pm) and the lad has arranged pickup for tomorrow.
Where the bell am i supposed to find that much cardboard overnight ? .Do you think they would accept bubble wrap and binbags ?

I used old house moving boxes. All I can suggest is to go ask at your local supermarket if they've any old scrap boxes you can have?

Mike, the last set I sent via them were only wrapped in industrial cling-film, no cardboard or bubble wrap, so I'm sure bin bags will be fine. (y)

The only set i sent via PV i used cardboard top and bottom and wrapped parcel tape around just to secure it. Label each wheel: 1of4 / 2of4 / 3of4 etc. I think the wrapping is purely so they have something to attach the address labels.

I expect it's a liability thing. "If you didn't package them like we asked you to, and they turn up damaged, don't come crying to us."

Hope this all worked out okay?

Don't overlook Paisley Freight !

I am so impressed that I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew about this company.

As some of you may know, I am trying to get some sills made up for KGV and will be needing some more for KRM next year. It seems there never were any 'patterned parts' and Ford only provided full body sections up until 2010 and even then at great expense. Other companies have made promises, but little has happened. Most repairs seem to be based on 'one-off' 'patch it as you go' metalwork. This is not what I want for my cars.

So I've done some research and found a sheet metal company with considerable experience who can fabricate some for me locally. However, they need a proper pattern to work from, one for each side in fact. I spoke to Andy and he has very kindly arranged for the whole sills off the forum breaker to be cut out and sent to me.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Forum Breaker Sills.jpg[/FONT]

The next problem was to get them here to Norfolk, bearing in mind we are talking about two packages with max dimensions of 200cm x 30cm x 30cm or 7' x 1' x 1' in old money, i.e. humongous and 20kg a piece at that.

So Andy suggested a firm new to me called Paisley Freight. They seem to be very 'car parts aware' and also list engines, gearboxes and alloy wheels on their price list ( see link ). They wanted £31 per item for an economy ( 2 day turnaround ) with collection, not bad considering the size. The best bit is that when I booked the collection, they have consolidated the shipment and the combined price for the two is only £45 inc VAT ! I think that is bloomin' amazing !

Thanks to Andy and Paisley Freight, I should have them by the end of the week. I'll keep everyone posted on the sills in another thread...

https://www.paisleyfreight.com/

Excellent work guys, Andy I was going to get in touch with you this week about collecting those but seems much cheaper and more convenient to ship. Nice one.

Cheers for this Noel, I have been having problems myself regarding sending larger car parts/spares so this will come in very handy in the future....(y)

Just received a text :-

APC will deliver your Paisley Freight order estimated between 13:41 and 15:41 on 21/11/2019.

Consignment number: 1234567.
This is a no reply text.

This is turning out to be a fast service too !