• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Cougarfest 2016

rikedwards

Club Member
Aug 17, 2009
New Ollerton
Right guys

What do we all want to do with Cougarfest this year?

Blank canvas so any and all ideas are welcome

We have the option of Grendon Lakes again but there has been some criticism of the facilities

Having been once I didn`t find them too bad but they might well have deteriorated

Will Leaper`s site in the Malvern hills seems to be a popular option if Will is interested in a field full of Cougars again! I for one would love to see his collection

Link to Will`s MFSM thread https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/28146-local-meet

Skegness was also mentioned by Alan but it was probably tongue in cheek!

So over to you the members, it is your `Fest so get your thinking hats on and tell me what you want, our job is to make your dreams come true (keep it clean and Courtney Cox is off limits!)

Last edited:
Well Willis place would suit us as its just up the road..lol, and of course it's in a beautiful location with I think ten cougars on site already.

I don't mind Grendon really - and not just because it's extremely convenient for me - but I stand by my original comment that if Wil is up for it, his venue is absolutely superb and set in some stunning countryside.

I for one will gladly make the drive.

All the best people come from that area:LOL:
I'm just looking forward to finally getting to attend.

It's a much smaller affair than it used to be apparently, but that's not entirely surprising.

In fact, that's another good reason to go for Wil's, if he's up for it; we'll fill the venue a bit more, and we won't be sharing resources (toilets, showers) with quite so many other groups (or any at all, in fact).

:edit: Ooh - and he has a fire pit!

Dick needs some kind of special distance award I think:angel:(y)

I have a feeling that after driving to Scotfest and back, I am going to conclude that the man deserves a medal.

I think we need a total re think on this event after last years showing so I have a few ideas to get more to attend.

1. Using club funds could we issue a small plaque to COUGARS that turn up over the weekend to stick to your car.
2. Best in show trophy nothing massive just something to keep Alan could do a smart logo.
3. Boot sale of bits so people could buy and sell bits for their cars over the weekend.

We need to get more of the club members to turn up as when ever somebody tries to get things arranged all it seems is people come up with a reason why they can't attend instead of great let's make this happen because if we don't all try to make this happen we will lose our club so let's try and make 2016 Cougarfest one to remember.

I think we need a total re think on this event after last years showing so I have a few ideas to get more to attend.

1. Using club funds could we issue a small plaque to COUGARS that turn up over the weekend to stick to your car.
2. Best in show trophy nothing massive just something to keep Alan could do a smart logo.
3. Boot sale of bits so people could buy and sell bits for their cars over the weekend.

We need to get more of the club members to turn up as when ever somebody tries to get things arranged all it seems is people come up with a reason why they can't attend instead of great let's make this happen because if we don't all try to make this happen we will lose our club so let's try and make 2016 Cougarfest one to remember.

While I agree with recognising the best Cougar, the problem with point 2 is that not everyone will be turning up with one. This club is well over a decade old and many people have moved on from the car, but not the friendships.

Nice to recognise those people (like me) who are dumb enough to stick with a 17-year-old Ford, but it seems to exclude others who make great efforts to stay with us.

Alternative suggestion? How about we do our own little concours and reward the best-presented car, regardless of what it is. I'm not sure what the club fund situation is like, but perhaps instead of a trophy, we could give prizes of detailing kit? It doesn't need to be expensive or anything.

I think the problem here Chris is that last years event had more non cougar owners turn up than cougar owners, and yes I fully agree people that have moved on to other car types and it's great these members still want to remain loyal to the club but we are the FORD COUGAR OWNERS club and as such we need to do more to get our cougar owner membership to attend our event.

I for one when going to our event like to see other peoples Cougars and what they done to them to give me ideas etc.

I think the problem here Chris is that last years event had more non cougar owners turn up than cougar owners, and yes I fully agree people that have moved on to other car types and it's great these members still want to remain loyal to the club but we are the FORD COUGAR OWNERS club and as such we need to do more to get our cougar owner membership to attend our event.

I for one when going to our event like to see other peoples Cougars and what they done to them to give me ideas etc.

I think I see what you're saying. You're not worried about the ex-Cougar owners who go to meets; you're worried about the Cougar owners that don't turn up.

Have I got that right? Because if so, I agree.

Totally, I have no problem with who ever turns up we just need to get all our COUGAR owning members to attend and give them a reason and a reward if you like for coming. I think you would agree we need to shake the format up and credit to Rik for trying to get ideas together to do so, if take a look at the GERMAN Cougarfest website this is what we need to aim for.

It used to be more like that when the cars were younger but now that the cars are older and more accessible to a different demographic who don't have the finances to make lots of joy rides. My personal circumstances have changed considerably from me being a well off single guy able to splash a grand a month on my car to settling down and moving in together with my girlfriend and my car having to take a backseat cause food and bills take precedence

Well let's hope you don't speak for every one, I agree the cars are very cheap to both buy and maintain and with petrol now under a £1.00 a litre cheaper to run.

I for one don't have money to burn but love to drive and own my cougar and as stated above its cheap to do and hope this year we can get a few more owners to come out and enjoy getting together with like minded people and have a good laugh because as you say life is tough just getting by is hard but we all need something other than life to focus on and for me it's my cougar.

There were a few personal circumstances that kept regulars away last year, but hopefully we'll have a full compliment this year. It would be nice to see some "local" to fest as well, considering some of our members travel near the length of the country to attend. Even though only a few of us were at fest last year, we all considered the losers to be the non attendees. Same goes for the rest of the "meets". We know some can't, and we know all about apathy etc, but people will do what they want, or not.
I'm happy to attend where ever, Skeggy? :) Loads of campsites at Skeggy.(y)

I'm happy to attend where ever, Skeggy? :) Loads of campsites at Skeggy.(y)

And blue ice cream(y)

In all seriousness, the only thing that's kept me away the last two years is circumstance. I would never do the whole weekend because I dislike camping, but I'll be there for the Sunday this year if it kills me:LOL:

Anyone thought about coming down to the picturesque Devon countryside? I have missed attending the last few Fest's but that is all due to work commitments, difficult to get time off in the summer as it's our busiest time...believe it or not lol!!

Rach and I ...and of course Benson would love to come to this years event...but depends on when and also where? as sometimes it can be a long journey up from the South West. Anyway, will keep my eye's peeled on this post :)

And blue ice cream(y)

In all seriousness, the only thing that's kept me away the last two years is circumstance. I would never do the whole weekend because I dislike camping, but I'll be there for the Sunday this year if it kills me:LOL:
don't think of it as camping, think of it as going out for a drink and passing out on the way home under a canvas