UK Cougar back online

MRT803

Tech Admin
Club Admin
Mar 30, 2012
Nottingham
After a very frustrating 10 days, we finally got the site re-enabled at around midday today. It's taken me all of this evening to get everything reinstalled, upgraded and working.

For those who unaware of the problems we've had, the server that our site is hosted on had a security breach and it affected our main site (not forums) with adware/malware etc. The host then decided to disable our account without informing us. It then took several days for them to tell us what was happing, and then the rest of the time we've been waiting for them to re-enable access. Very poor customer service and we are looking at moving the site to another host in the near future.

To get things up and running quicker, I have disabled a few of the forum plugins and not installed the main site. So for the time being it's just the forum. I haven't had the time to go over all the forum to test everything, but it seems to be fine.

Passwords for user accounts are not keep in clear text, they are hashed and salted, but I would still advise that you change your password. This is the same advise that big companies give out after a breach, with most forcing a change of password.

If you discover any problems with the site, please check the threads in the Forums Bugs and Problems section and if none of them match the problem you're having, please start a new thread and give us as much information as possible.
https://forums.ukcougar.club/forums/112-Forum-Bugs-Problems

Sorry for the huge inconvenience caused.

On behalf of the Admin team,
Mark

Exellent work Mark. This has been a very painful and frustrating few days, and in my time here, probably the longest period of inactivity of this forum.
I'd also like to mention that no subscriber will lose subscription time as you will all receive a 1 month extension to your subscription by way of thanks for your your patience and inconvenience during this downtime.

Thanks and we all appreciate the efforts to get this back online, sounds like a frustrating time.
It's good to be back (y)
Oh, and I'm not worried about a months subs extension.

Cheers

Glad things are back up and running, I felt a bit lost without this forum!
Well done Admin team, sounds like you had a hell of a time getting things sorted.

Yep - many thanks to all involved for getting us back online. I do hope our hosting company has learned something from this.

Thanks for getting the site back online!

I was slightly curious, I joined then a few days later the site just disappeared but glad its back!

i can't imagine the immense hassle you have had not just with having to deal with an incompetent hosting company but also having to repair the damage done....
i dont post very often but boy have i missed this place.

i thankyou for the effort u have put in getting us all back together and for the extra month subby...but u didn't need to do that ,these things happen...but thanks all the same:beer: