Your MOT history

Thanks Andy, that's good to know. In my youth these were a luxury and if you could afford it, you bought an aftermarket pair to add on. I remember my father doing this to a 1956 Hillman Minx...

Thanks Andy, that's good to know. In my youth these were a luxury and if you could afford it, you bought an aftermarket pair to add on. I remember my father doing this to a 1956 Hillman Minx...
My 1963 Consul Classic had only the interior mirror.

I mean, who doesn't do that? I have reversing cameras but I only depend on them to see things that I otherwise can't from where I'm sitting. When I'm reversing, my head is on a swivel.

Ditto T's cars with the rearward-facing RADAR/ultrasonics. They tell me if I'm getting close to a wall or whatever, but are no replacement for the Mk1 eyeball that stops me backing over a neighbour's kid or their dog.

My lovely melina V6 just romped through its MoT again with no advisories.

Once again, the tester commented on how amazing the condition of the body is underneath!

As readers will know, I tried and failed to sell it on here a year ago at what I think is a sensible reasonable price but now I'm getting divorced so I guess she'll have to go one way or the other...

Simon

Yes the wife is definitely going but unfortunately taking the majority of all I've worked for over the years. I know sometimes women get the short end of the stick when it comes to settlements but what is happening to me (legally) is impossible to understand

Man, I'm sorry to hear that Simon. Obviously I don't know (nor want to know) the cause, but I understand that this is a very stressful time for you and I hope that y'all can settle this amicably, as rare as that might be.

Unfortunately, your settlement is why the UK is chosen as a venue for so many divorces even by foreign nationals; our courts will merrily give half your assets to someone who simply doesn't deserve them. I hope you don't have children.

It's better then to have the divorce that my dad got; my mother was caught crossing state lines into Georgia in a car (a 1975 Pontiac Grand-Am) that she stole from my grandmother with 2 kilos of cocaine and opiates in the boot and her dentist in the passenger seat. She, uh, didn't contest his petition and got nothing.

Okay, so what do we have to do to put this thread back on track aside from deleting the thre most recent posts? :whistle: