For those who knew him...

V6SINGH

Official UKCougar Stuntman
Jul 29, 2005
BE11 3ND
...and that were there, today would have been Matt's first wedding anniversary [emoji17]

Absolutely not looking forward to Thursday at all. Not one bit [emoji22]

Reactions: backseateducation
Never weep for the dead. They either don't know they're gone, or they have gone to the next stage of their existence, depending on your religious bent. Whatever you believe, their suffering is over.

Instead, keep their friends, their family, or even just people who were positively touched by their lives in your thoughts.

Personally, I will think of Emma, her daughter, and all of us who have so many great stories to tell about Matt.

Never weep for the dead. They either don't know they're gone, or they have gone to the next stage of their existence, depending on your religious bent. Whatever you believe, their suffering is over.

Instead, keep their friends, their family, or even just people who were positively touched by their lives in your thoughts.

Personally, I will think of Emma, her daughter, and all of us who have so many great stories to tell about Matt.

Top post Chris.
I didn't know the bloke, but I'll think of him and the good things he did every time I open the throttle.

Life is so unfair.
As some are aware, i find it very hard to associate "Happy" in these circumstances, but i have to wish Emma and Matts family very happy memories of a top bloke who i was glad to know and glad to have known. As for you Kully, you just know Matt will be there with you to help you along.

Life is so unfair.
As some are aware, i find it very hard to associate "Happy" in these circumstances, but i have to wish Emma and Matts family very happy memories of a top bloke who i was glad to know and glad to have known. As for you Kully, you just know Matt will be there with you to help you along.

It's not something I talk about much, (though some of you know) but my wife passed away when we were in our mid-20s. I do think about her all the time, but her passing was something I couldn't do anything about so I have had to accept that Bad Things happen to Good People sometimes, and dwelling on it will destroy you.

I know that you have particular reason to feel this Al, though I actually don't know Lisa's circumstances. All I can tell you is what worked for me.

Getting drunk all the time didn't. Being angry didn't. Dwelling on a thing I couldn't control didn't.

What worked was striving to be the best person I can possibly be and making her damned proud of me. I don't always succeed, mate. But if you try, and if sometimes you can help someone who needs you, then you've done right and you'll know that your departed will smile. If Matt's watching, I know he's smiling.

And that's all I can say about that.

It's not something I talk about much, (though some of you know) but my wife passed away when we were in our mid-20s. I do think about her all the time, but her passing was something I couldn't do anything about so I have had to accept that Bad Things happen to Good People sometimes, and dwelling on it will destroy you.

I know that you have particular reason to feel this Al, though I actually don't know Lisa's circumstances. All I can tell you is what worked for me.

Getting drunk all the time didn't. Being angry didn't. Dwelling on a thing I couldn't control didn't.

What worked was striving to be the best person I can possibly be and making her damned proud of me. I don't always succeed, mate. But if you try, and if sometimes you can help someone who needs you, then you've done right and you'll know that your departed will smile. If Matt's watching, I know he's smiling.

And that's all I can say about that.

I think that this post is one of the finest things i have ever read and sums up a lot of people on this site, Chris you may only be small build but you stand tall in my eyes and if everyone took a lesson from you the world would be a happier place

I think that this post is one of the finest things i have ever read and sums up a lot of people on this site, Chris you may only be small build but you stand tall in my eyes and if everyone took a lesson from you the world would be a happier place

Thank you.

I'm just me.

:edit: I should add that Al (and Vonny) of course know all this already. They are two of the finest, most generous people I have ever had the honour to know, hands down. But like me, they have known grief and it's not the easiest thing to get past. None of you should ever feel alone though. If you're here, you have a massive family.

Last edited: