BE11 3ND
Matt's Final Meet :

Wednesday 18th June 2014, 15:30
Robin Hood Crematorium
Streetsbrook Road
Shirley
SOLIHULL
B90 3NL

I will confirm, once the family have discussed it, IF, how and where we can join/fit in to the procession from Matt's parents house. As soon as I have more on that I'll post it here. For now though, you all know when it is to make arrangements if you're planning to attend. We could maybe use a list somewhere of those intending to go.

Attendees:
Peter
Steve + Mel
John + Poss Kathy
Manos + Mo
Jim
Rod
Andy + Karen
Alan
Dick
Mark - dependent on a lift (possibly Mike)
Rich + Ria
Tony
Tim + Rach + Viv
Karen(Dudette)

I spoke to Matt's Dad on the phone earlier tonight, just to see how he and Mrs Harrison were doing really. During the conversation, he said he was really surprised at just how popular Matt was. He understands too that Matt has a lot of people that want to come and have one last get together for him.

In light of that, I politely asked if firstly, this was ok. As in a bunch of Cougar owners tagging along and coming to pay their respects. Matt's Dad said the family would quite like it as Matt would. I need to speak to a couple of you about an idea I've had there ;)

I also asked what the family would like in terms of dress code etc. Matt's Dad is a superb man and said "you can all come as you are". I had an idea for a T Shirt the other day which I ran past him and he quite liked the idea.

So, whilst we wait on details, which could be as late as Tuesday/Wednesday, can I get a rough list of who would be in for a shirt. I thought we could all wear them on the day?

The idea is an orange shirt with black vinyl print on the front and back. The front will have the "Ginger Power" logo that some of us have adopted on FB in Matt's honour. The back will have a cubed dialogue reading "Matt really did drive a Cougar 2". If we can make it happen, the back writing will be in the Cougar font (as per the OE badge).

I am hoping that the T's will come in at around the £5 mark. I know a guy who knows a guy ;)

One suggestion is we add a couple of quid a shirt, collect up the profits and offer them to the family or Emma towards costs etc or maybe a donation to charity.

Please post below if you'd like in on the T's and maybe a rough idea on how many? The T's are going to be looked into over this weekend and hopefully I'll be in a position to take orders early doors next week.

We obviously will need to move quickly on these. They could also be worn at other meets, Ford Fair springs to mind as it was Matt's favourite one day show.

All feedback welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a trooper mate, and i know Matt will be so proud of what you're doing . (y)
I'll go for a T-shirt to wear at meets,especially FF but tbh, i wouldn't be comfortable wearing one at Matts final meet. Just my feelings for the day.

Its a lovely thought Kully but most of us are old school and like Al said wouldnt feel comfortable on the day

Matt's Dad said it wasn't a black tie affair. My thinking was based on Matt not getting to have a stag do. We joked about having some t shirts made up for that. As these aren't quite stag night stuff but this is our last outing with Matt, I thought it'd be a goer.

I'm speaking to Matt's Dad again Monday night so can confirm exactly what they are wanting to do.

I'll happily buy a T, Kully. As I've already mentioned elsewhere, there is unfortunately no way I can make Matt's send-off (thank big Davie Cams for that one), but I'd be honoured to wear it in Matt's memory at the next UKC gathering I can attend, likely to be the Christmas meal. I'll also try and get a pic of me wearing it out here for Matt's memorial page on FB.

I'll happily buy a T, Kully. As I've already mentioned elsewhere, there is unfortunately no way I can make Matt's send-off (thank big Davie Cams for that one), but I'd be honoured to wear it in Matt's memory at the next UKC gathering I can attend, likely to be the Christmas meal. I'll also try and get a pic of me wearing it out here for Matt's memorial page on FB.

That would be a fitting tribute Rich.

I'll be there, hopefully Kathy too provided the date doesn't clash with a family funeral that hasn't been arranged yet.