COUGAR video clips of interest

Really liking the seats.

There's a Trans-Am thing sort of going on there (I believe it was a USA option we didn't get) but I think they look pants-on-head stupid without the rest of the interior being tan. Oh, and they're utterly trashed and filthy, so there's that.

Shame about the owner.

I didn't watch the entire video because that would be 15 minutes of my life I'd never get back. But it's important to know that just like dog owners and disabled people, Cougar owners can be complete asses too.

I've met a couple.

Hell, I might even be one.

Cougar spotted in a banger racing video, it actually did really well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-143405_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-143405_YouTube.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: shirtyzeus
Brings to mind that "Station Identification" piece that they show between programmes on the BBC. Pair of stripped-out Cougars off for their last ride.

I really, really don't like it, but not for the reason you might think... Go ahead and smash up any car you want to! And if a Cougar needs to die, it needs to die. Increases the overall rarity and value after all, so I don't care.

My problem is that if it was solid enough to weld a rollcage to it, it must have been solid enough to be a road car, right?

But then maybe I don't know enough about banger-racing rules. Will have to ask Tracey since her neighbour used to race and destroy cars and I don't know what safety provisions were in place.

This particular track doesn't seem to have any safety. They keep the glass in and you can see the Cougar's airbags go off at one point. Also I think they're fuelling it through a can stuck through the bonnet? Assuming it was scrapped due to fuel pump issues?
Post automatically merged:

Since there aren't any ncap tests I can find, the fact it stood up so well shows how safe our cars were for their time. That's my take away from it anyway

Since there aren't any ncap tests I can find, the fact it stood up so well shows how safe our cars were for their time. That's my take away from it anyway

I can't find NCAP for the Cougar either, but the NHTSA (the USA equivalent) gave it 5 stars for frontal damage, and 3 stars for side. Given its age, there is no overall rating.

Proabably also worth knowing that NCAP/NHTSA ratings evolve in exactly the same way that IQ tests do: they balance the median every year and include new technologies in the test criteria.

For example, a 2018 Audi A4 might get 5 stars in that year's test, but wouldn;t in a 2020 test because it doesn't have a reversing camera.

Reactions: David`
Cougar spotted in a banger racing video, it actually did really well
hehe
love that shunt it did at 2.50 into sturg...really shoved it along:ROFLMAO:
one of our dead frog eye scorpios ended in one of these races, aparantly due to them having a full front to back chassis and lots of weight they do really well...he paid us way above what it was worth purely because of this.
the guy told me it won a few races :D glorious end to a fabulous car that the tin worm had killed!...kaplaa!:ROFLMAO:

A lot of Mondeo's and something else. I actually wondered if it was that Melina that was being broken in Dereham a while ago, since Kings Lynn isn't far and we can't have that many kicking about in Norfolk

Screenshot_20220804-220431_YouTube.jpg

If you've been following Cougar history you probably won't learn very much from this. But I think that the adverts make it worth it.

As a side note, all those Cougars (the actual cats) must have been raised in captivity. Either t5hat, or the models had no idea just how much danger they were in.

By the way, I've been in the blue '77 and the tan Tiffany carpets are deep enough to take the shine off your shoes. Or put a shine on them. Whatever.

jHrp3ZT.jpg