Ukcougar.org update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becoming a member next week on Wednesday more than likely... Do I get any presents/greetings gifts? Lol.
Do I still follow the guides to subscribe , are they the same , as it has changed hands recently?
Don't want to be banging £18 quid to someone's PayPal account who isn't affiliated to the club!!

Follow the link from 'membership' at the top of the page and don't worry Carl your subscription fee will go into the club's paypal account and nowhere else. (y)

Cheers mate , freebies or not(would be nice to get a sticker or two through the post) I'd happily give £18 towards cougar.org , top set of guys who venture on here including your self mate , and I for one will happily pay a subscription to help keep this site up and running , I can't imagine how many ppl or how much money this site has saved cougar owners over the years , I'd like to thank the founder(if he reads this) and the current person/persons who runs it and the moderator's.
Look forward to becoming a member and hopefully get down to a few meets when the time is right!
Nice one.(y)

Hi, I re-joined the Cougar club in March this year (2023). 1. I'm trying to get hold of cougar club car window sticker (the inside facing out) How do I do this ? 2. yes, when they are available I'd certainly like a cougar head trolley token - why not offer them for sale to club members, I wouldn't mind paying the right price for one. 3. I did leave the site for a while, reason being it just seems to convoluted and complex to follow - why ??. After running these cars for 15 years +,I do expect something a bit better, remember, simple is best ! Now how do I get a window sticker PLEASE !
from a very frustrated 'Cat' owner !

I've no idea on the trolley token, but club stickers these days are done by Tony Langston, aka @TopCat1127 , who took over AP Graffix after the sad passing of 'Uncle' Al Pidduck. I'm sure a quick PM to Tony will get the ball rolling but please bear in mind that, like all of us, Tony is a volunteer with a busy, full-time job outside of this club.

If there's anyone out there in Cougar 'wilderness' can they please please tell me how I can get a club sticker for my car ? I re-joined earlier this year but am starting to regret it as no one reply's to simple request's or questions - who IS running the show ? a reply would be courteous to say the least, and if you look up the word 'convoluted' and its meaning I think we have a fitting definition there ! I expect answers ( if any ) to float around in cyberspace but remember, people PAY to be part of this so please, get your act together !!

See post #47 above.
This is not a business and has no paid staff - I would imagine the subscription barely covers the cost of website hosting.
Unfortunately the member who used to sort out stickers of all kinds died fairly recently, and as I'm sure you can imagine, sorting out his computer files and equipment has taken rather a long time, especially, as I can only reiterate, we are all volunteers with full-time jobs. Fortunately we now have someone who has the ability to take the job on so I'm sure a message as suggested above would sort you out.

Last edited:
Its a shame that it takes a level of frustration to actually warrant getting a response from the club. Communication makes the world go round. I wont 'trouble' or inconvenience you again. ( I take it an enforced absence ( aggresive ?) wouldn't be followed by an enforced membership refund !)

im sorry but are u under the impression that u are talking to a shop keeper(derbyshirecat)...

i believe you were told who to contact back in may, these club stickers etc aren't sat on a shelf waiting for customers u know.
and as pointed out the sticker stuff has been taken over by a very busy chap WHO VOLUNTEERED to do this...
as for the cougar wilderness ,look at the member pages, always someone there who would have answered your questions...even if in the wrong section.

i do hope u didn't just pay the subscription fee (tiny as it is) just to get a badge as u make out.

im sure the fee alone is well worth the mass of info and help from people here on this club who are fellow members too.
i notice for a member of 2017 u have had and done very few posts shame as we are quite a chatty bunch and not just about cars...

is a sticker really that important to u that u feel it nessasery to come on all strong about paying for membership..

the admins etc who run this site have other jobs to do and put a lot into this site, u don't even mention if u contacted tony or had a response from him.

u pay for access to a friendly wealth of knowledge , info and ideas and even the odd wonderful club meet (have u been to any?) not for freebees.

u know there are other ways to get a sticker if u want one...visit a dentist :ROFLMAO:

I think we have a bit of a technical skills barrier as the main source of the OPs frustration, not condoning it but our admins are great so don't take that personally guys

Status
Not open for further replies.